Urethane control arm bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urethane control arm bushings

Anybody have a source for these? Front and rear, preferably engineered to some sort of standard modulus. tia.
    Ben
    ******** to your fruity 5 cylinders! 4.2 V8 now coming to a B4 engine room near you...

Arn't Power flex doing these bushes? what have you got Doug?
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

powerflex bushes

make sure you get the correct ones for cast or pressed wishbones

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

did the ride quality suffer much?

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
        powerflex bushes

make sure you get the correct ones for cast or pressed wishbones

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/

Ride quality suffer much?
        ******** to your fruity 5 cylinders! 4.2 V8 now coming to a B4 engine room near you...

Comment

ride quality improves if your old ones are shot. I woul not say the polys are much stiffer, if at all, from brand new rubber bushes - the polys are just more consistant over time.

If you want a harsh ride, with no movement, try nylon bushes - I think Dialynx do them.

HTH
          Doug
          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

If you want nylon bushes try transautosport

http://www.tas.uk.com/about.htm

They use SFN which is better for car bushes than normal black bush grade nylon or nylatron.

I had them produce some bushes for me a while back and they are very helpful.

Comment

For powerflex lower wishbone bushes, which size is correct? I have been
              given the choice of 34mm or 45mm but haven't been under the car to look yet. Anyone know? Does anyone know the correct part numbers for the powerflex bushes and does the kit come with new nuts and bolts?

Thanks,
              Paul

Comment

The smaller bushes are for the pressed type wishbones, the larger ones for cast.
                You'll have to look under your car to find out which ones you need

Comment

Wishbones could be cast or pressed items. Pressed steel ones use the smaller bush and the cast wishbones use the bigger ones. You generally can't tell which model year has which wishbones as standard..bit of a lottery towards the end of production (my car has pressed front and cast rear). Can't remember what the p/ns were for the bushes.

Kit comes with Bushes, sleeves and grease. No fixings are supplied. Renew these with new items from the vagparts or the stealers. Make sure you lube them properly to minimise the chance of squeaks. Mine are silent but others have had speaky ones after installing. Powerflex improved the design with a grooved pin....try to get this version of the kit as it probably makes a difference.

I wouldn't mind trying harder Nylatron type bushes to see how they are as the Poweflex hardly altered my ride.....just tightened things up, but I feel it could do with a bit more personally. I want to 'feel' everything!
                  1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                  Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

i have pressed rear amd forged front arms
                    ive seen someone selling alloy subframe mounts, what do you reckon to these? think it was ebay actually
                    or will they just make yer fillings fall out

Comment

Probably! Probably end up cracking your bodyshell too on UK roads. Dialynx did these bushes AFAIK. Phone 'em up to ask about using them for street apps.
                      1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                      Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Powerflex have updated the design again recently since ive been getting alot of squeaking.

New design has two grooves in sleeve and a spiral groove along the length of it also.

Greg
                        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback, Ill check what design they have in stock and have a look under the car to see what combination I have!

Thanks,
                          Paul

Comment

The Dialynx nylon bushes may be too hard for most, I have used them. Then my car was quite low, that may have exaggerated the harshness. I am using custom aluminium bushes this time, combined with a 15 - 20mm drop.

Siena

Comment

Well I have pressed front and rear so that makes life easy.
                              FYI I have just ordered all bushes for front and rear for £114.95 inc vat and postage from www.proven-products.co.uk who checked their stock and indeed have the latest type that Greg mentioned so that's a result.
                              They guy commented that it also looks like they have changed their material too since he last opened a package.

Regards,
                              Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X