Accelerator pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accelerator pedal

I'm trying to replace the accelerator pedal but I can't reach where the cable connects to it.

I've removed the plastic trim under the steering wheel and I can get the pedal loose but still held on by the cable.

There must be a knack to removing this, or is it just that I've got short arms?

Has anyone else done this? If so how?
    ex '93 Avant owner

I would also like to mod my gas pedal. The reason is that I want to heel-toe on my car and the space between the brake and the gas is just too large. Maybe we can figure this out together.

What exactly are you trying to do with you pedal?

Comment

I need to replace the entire pedal. The foot rest bit on the end has snapped off, so I'm left with a metal bar!

I've got the pedal, I just can't fit it!
      ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Accelerator pedal

Sorry to hijack your thread, but why bother removing the old pedal? You can attach an aftermarket ali pedal plate to the remains of the old arm ( or make one yourself - as I did). This should give you more room and looks good - if done properly. The only downside is if the size of the new plate is small it can hurt your foot on a long drive ( cure - keep it on the carpet ! ) Cheers James.

Comment

Jim,

Do you have any pics. I think that solution would be ideal for my problem. I would like to make the pedal a little wider so that I can reach it from the brake pedal.

BTW, the arm that the gas pedal is suspended from is plastic on my car. I assume that it is the same on all cars. How did you attach the metal piece?

Comment

Accelerator pedal

No pics Im afraid - I did this on my last car (A90Q) but the pedal is the same. If you have the plastic plate left on your acc. arm, break off the small spring and attach the new aluminium pedal using allen bolts with washers bearing the load of the nut behind the plastic plate. You may need to use spacers to get it to line up squarely. James.

Comment

James,

Thanks for that! I will have a go at it.

Comment

Working...
              X