Engine speed/timing sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine speed/timing sensors

basically which one is which on side of gearbox, is the timing one the closest to front of the car?

martin

If you had marked them when you took them off you would know you clown!.Anyway get some work done you lazy git.

Comment

Martin, there's two side by side on a plate on the back edge of the block, is it those two?

The two fo them on the plate, the lower of the two, the back one I suppose is the ignition timing sensor, the upper of the two, the front one is the speed sensor according to my info.

Martyn
      Martyn
      -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

ive been told as long as theyre plugged into the correct connector going to ecu (grey/grey black/black) then it doesnt matter which way round they go into the gearbox, dunno if this is correct or not.

martin

Comment

Dont know about that! Would have assumed they go in thier own places in the block. Not sure.
          sigpic
          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
          Audi UR Quattro
          Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
          Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

thats what i thought, presume the timing sensor goes in the furthest position to pick up the 2 pins in flywheel, thats where ive put it anyway.

martin

Comment

It will either fire up and run ok, or fire up and run like a bag of *****, or not fire up at all!!!! 3 choices. Try it.
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Working...
              X