New to Forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Forum...

So there I was at work, having a chat about cars (because that's what you do) and mentioned I had an S2. 'Ahhh, so do I...' said colleague oppostite...Turns out the colleague opposite is a Mr Paul Nugent...

I have one of the first S2 avants brought into the UK (in fact I believe it was the only UK RHD one produced without roof rails) it was used alongside a red avant as one of the Audi press cars (mine is a muddy green sort of colour) - and a few articles have been written about it. Indeed I was pleased to read it in various articles that my very car used to clock 0-60 times in under 5.5 secs....(not so pleased to read this was by sidestepping clutch at max rpm....)

Car is still extremely quick - has covered around 100k (I acquired it at 65k), taken on the odd track now and again, and needs a bit of money throwing at it. Mr Nugent has convinced me (hard work that...) to take a look at his own home brewed chips, which I think both I and the car deserve...A respray is also required, rear wheel bearings, it could so with some brakes, suspension could be a little tighter...wheels look shagged as well...ho hum...

But the fun of pretty much pissing over anything from 30mph upwards, in an old green barge, that only gets washed when it rains (today then) takes some beating....

Car is normally looked after by Kim Collins (second mortgage required), as mechanics in a S2 is a little different to those in a mini..Cheaper suggestions in that area welcome...

So I'll see you tomorrow then Paul!

Cheers

Minnsy
    '93 Avant. First Avant in UK. Original Audi Press Car.

Welcome Minnsy

Paul's a mind of information im sure he can put you on the straight and narrow.
    Rob W
    04 Audi S4 Avant
    55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
    92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
    1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

Hi Minnsy

Glad to hear I'm not the only person running round in an ex-Audi press car Knew her background when I put the deposit down - but maybe I'd have thought again if I'd read one of the articles I've found since. No perhaps not - fell in love with the car the first time I saw her in February this year - and no regrets since.

QST did the first service for me and sorted out a couple of things that needed doing. Thought the charges were reasonable but have heard others say that some of the upgrades etc are pricey.

Comment

Cobstar wrote: upgrades etc are pricey
        What upgrades do you mean?
        Marcel

Comment

Hi Fendent

I thought the cost of the service was reasonable - and the labour rate was £40 an hour, which wasn't extortionate.

My car is standard as far as I know and doesn't have any upgrades. But I have heard comments on other discussion lists that some of the QST upgrades and other work are pricey.

Comment

Working...
          X