Performance Filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Filters

Has anyone ever used an ITG filter? Seems to me like they could be the best option for good flow/filtration and lack of maintenance (no oil) over a standard filter.

http://www.itgairfilters.com/

Any comments or experiences?
    Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

I looked at these after I was severly ****** off at the mess the oiled K&N made of my MAF.

I think these look like the best bet for cones - unless you want to pay hundreds of £££s for some of the jap stuff. Merlin Motorsports are a dealer and they also happen to make custom stainless steel piping and sell sections of SAMCO Tubing. I've always planned on trying to get the short SAMCO tubing to a U bend in stainless steel to an ITG filter spec'd and made - just not got round to it. Then a double skin of metal with some heat shield material inbetween made up as a shield. Something similar to this http://www.audituning.com/audi/s2/ovrigt.asp?Language=1

But better.

Who wants to spec this and get a group buy?

Dougal
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Doug

All sounds a bit complicated! :wacked:

I was just looking at a replacement panel filter - about £38!

Leigh
      Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
        I looked at these after I was severly ****** off at the mess the oiled K&N made of my MAF.

I think these look like the best bet for cones - unless you want to pay hundreds of £££s for some of the jap stuff. Merlin Motorsports are a dealer and they also happen to make custom stainless steel piping and sell sections of SAMCO Tubing. I've always planned on trying to get the short SAMCO tubing to a U bend in stainless steel to an ITG filter spec'd and made - just not got round to it. Then a double skin of metal with some heat shield material inbetween made up as a shield. Something similar to this http://www.audituning.com/audi/s2/ovrigt.asp?Language=1

But better.

Who wants to spec this and get a group buy?

Dougal
        Dougal, I am interested in this mod cuz I need the space in the engine room. If Merlin can't do the SS pipes cheaply, I know people in Sweden who specialize in SS tubing and welding.

Comment

performance filters

Yep, i'd be interested in the s/s u bend as thats exactly what I am looking for, even though I am using a k&n filter.

I have made a bodge cover for mine but I need to rotate the filter thru 180 degrees so it sits in a better (lower) location too nearer the front of the car.

Cheers,

David
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Would also be interested in something like this

YEY new forum
            Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
            2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

So Dougal, can you run with this ball? I will be happy to get a second quote for SS U-bends if you want. Just need the specs.

Comment

Should make it sound pretty PHAT too!!
                Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Doug_RS2: Btw i have this filter kit from Dahlback. I believe it's not worth 190EUR :/. One piece of U pipe with alum shild and simple K&N filter. (Lost my filter somewhere :mad: ).

Btw anybody ever heard of PiperCross and their VIPER series ??? On my local audi forum everybody suggest to buy this VIPER stuff , claiming for more power and nice HOT AIR protection.

Dunno.
                  Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Can anyone else sort this out? I've got too many things on the go for the next month.

www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk

I think most of the bits could be sourced there - Just need some measurements and template made for a shield. There are probably better/cheaper places that can make this sort of stuff up for us all - anyone out there it that trade?

I also thought the dahlback price was too much - especially when you add on postage and vat onto that price! ITG FIlters get good write ups, aren't oiled, and are relatively cheap.
                    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Wouldnt be keen on a foam filter!!

When i had my supercharged Golf, people wouldnt touch them with a barge pole due to bits of foam being drawn in and mixing with oil and creating a grinding paste which went thru the charger and engine. needless to say its not a good thing to happen!!

Altho i guess it might be different with a Turbo??

Just what i've heard and seen 1st hand
                      Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

itg filters

I don't know about turbo cars but i've been running itg foam filters on my vws (before I joined the audi clan) without any problems.

I used to work round the corner from the itg factory and still have a contact there. If anyones interested (and still has funds) I may be able to get us a discount.

Ben
                        the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                        1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Sounds like a plan

I suggest we get down to Merlin motorsport when the next Audi track day happens this month.

All we need is a few bends and a couple of lengths of Samco and bobs yer uncle. they also stock/sell heat shielding too.

Cheers
                          Steve.
                          91 Modded 3B
                          14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

I have bought a SUPER size K&N from Dialynx, seems fine a bit big the the engine bay tho!! Will show pics one i have one of the engine as a whole unit!
                            sigpic
                            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                            Audi UR Quattro
                            Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                            Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

One of these m8???

Make a lovely induction noise and i have never had any problems with them...just needs to be routed back towards the fornt of the car.

Cheers,

David
                              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X