A fuel efficient S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fuel efficient S2

Is it possible to modify(the ECU) an S2 to be super fuel efficient in normal driving but still have a kick on WOT? What sort of mpg would it be able to get?

Trying to justify a second S2 - an avant - you get free slippers with them don't you

Cheers

Mihnea - can you remap a 2001 Polo 1.4TDi??
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

You also get a labrador and pipeseriously though if i was in market for an estate that would be it unless someone gave me anRS6 fat kin chance.
    Im gonna be up in bonny Scotland Glasgow & Edinburgh in a few weeks visiting some mates,one of whom has a westfield he has just built any airstrips that we could use to play on?
    Rob W
    04 Audi S4 Avant
    55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
    92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
    1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

It should be possible to lean the compromise out for economy if necessary - it might affect mid range and part load tractability, but the full on 1.4bar boost could still be achieved at WOT with suitable fuelling for overtaking.

I wouldn't dare suggest a figure but getting close to 30mpg average *might* be possible though I've never really researched this aspect - suggest you get a 2.5TDi A6 Avant if you want something that will do 100mph all day and still return 40 mpg.

Paul
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Rob,

There is an Audi run up north in a few weeks - the 26th July - We start in Dundee and drive up Glenshee to Aberdeen - brilliant picturesque drive - and it's fast. Interested?

I'm in Dunfermline and work in Edinburgh - give us a shout when you are up.

Interested in seeing the Westfield - I've been looking at the megablade as a(nother) fun car.

Comment

I am hurt Doug :mad: Avants DO NOT come with free slippers! a years subscription to Saga holidays maybe....

Driving my 'stock' Volvo 'normally' I can average 27 on a motorway, mind I do not have 1/100th of the hardware you do :-)
          Last edited by Martynf; 7 July 2003, 23:38.
          Martyn
          -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

This isn't on - everyones trying to get a larger sig than me now - Martyn - you reminded me of another mod - my Forge DV - it's growing by the day

Comment

you can blame Mr N for my sig!! I wet myself when I read his! so we're ganging up on your sig to out do you
              Martyn
              -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Doug, yes I can chip a Polo TDI, I just need the ECU here for a few days! Let me know and sorry for catching up so late, been busy reinstalling my damn laptop lately...

Mihnea
                '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                info@MRCTuning.com
                Workshop Directions

Comment

Signatures, eh?

Keep 'em brief I say.....
                  Avant. Stock.

Comment

Working...
                  X