Central locking pump sound deadener + fixings
    Ignition barrel
    Ignition switch
    Exhaust hangers
    Tyres
    ALL sill trim fixings
    Headrest tubes
    Cup holder

I've got invoices on my desk for parts totalling £2000+vat(at dealer cost) plus I've spent just shy of £1500 with martyn.

Do I get an award or a one way ticket to an asylum? :wacked:

Ben
    Last edited by s2avant; 8 July 2003, 20:23.
    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Someone has been extremely busy!!!
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

!!!!!INSANE!!!!!!
      RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
      RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
      Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
      High Octane website

Comment

DAMN!
        Coupe

Comment

s2avant, do you give loans? I could sure use the money...:nana:
          Painfully said goodbye to my baby....

2001 A4
          Silver with black leather, Symphony, sport package, S4 bumper and wheels

Comment

I was going to ask you guys the same question.

The car only cost £3175 and my mechanic has only charged me 8hrs (1 days) labour for five weeks (twenty days!!!) work.

I guess working in a main dealer helps, most of that £2000 will 'disappear'

I've never bought a car that didn't need a bit of work, I just didn't realise how much work this was going to need.

Next up is a set of RS2 bilsteins (N/S/F shock is leaking so I'll replace all four), the samco hoses and a chip. I'm trying to resist the temptation to order an RS2 exhaust manifold (They're on back order so I could worry about the price later) and a bigger turbo. In fact, depending on how understanding my boss will be I could probably manage the sport quattro manifold. Are they worth fitting?

Ben

sigpic

Comment

I'm sure you realize that I have to ask this.....I don't suppose you could help us out with some "deals"?
              Painfully said goodbye to my baby....

2001 A4
              Silver with black leather, Symphony, sport package, S4 bumper and wheels

Comment

That would depend on what you're after. I don't want to be treading on Martyn's toes (even though the sly old dog didn't mention me sorting out the wiring for his compass mirror or the adjustable wiper relays)

Only joking Martyn, I couldn't have put it back together without your bits

Seriously though, if Martyn doesn't have a problem with it and the requests don't get too silly, I'll certainly help out where I can.

I can also get technical info that I know Martyn sometimes struggles with.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

Ben,
                  Are the new A4 wing repeaters a straight swap, i.e. same bulb style (apart from being orange) & same wing hole locations ?

Regards,
                  Peter
                  Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

Ben,

NO!! that's totally cool!!! I have no problem at all mate!! I know that *some* parts cheaper through the UK dealers!! so if it's cheaper through you, go for it!! (although so far with your shopping list - it was 95% cheaper from me ;-)) and that was compared to your dealer cost prices!!

Did I mention, that it was Ben who helped me out on the compass wiring? oh, it is was his idea for the wipe relay? ;-), 2 heads are better than 1.

I'm all for the techno info straight from a techs mouth :-))

Martynf
                    Martyn
                    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Interesting... new A4's..... the bulb is different for sure, our one is a push in, the new A4 has a metal base, push in and turn. But that could be easily over come. Ben... time to rip out a new A4 side repeater mate and sneak it home overnight to check against yours!!
                      Martyn
                      -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Oops, bit of a typo. Should have read A6 and they're from a '00 model year. It's the 12v power points in the boot that are from a new A4/6. The list of new bits is so long you have to have a margin of error.

The later A6 ones and new A4 ones require a big cut out in the wing like the ones on new VW's.

The ones I have (4B0 949 127 - £3.58 + VAT) just need a little bit cutting and they fit in the original big hole and cover the small one.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

Hello S2avant,

Do you mind me asking whats the year and milage on your avant?
                          I am starting to get a little nervous!

cheers

Karl
                          1993 Ruby red Avant, 142,000

Comment

Iit's an L plate '93 registered car with 112,000 miles. To be properly geeky it's an 'R'(94 my) chassis.

I wouldn't worry too much, my avant had been a write off in 2000. I know everyone is thinking I should have walked away when I found out but I enjoy a challenge. The people who rebuilt seemed to have favoured silicon and welding over the more traditional nuts, bolts and clips.

I've replaced so many bits because I get a bit obsessed with having everything perfect (although by no means is it perfect yet and probably never will be).

I also had the car jigged (which was worth it as it was a fraction out ) and all the new metal work sprayed in the proper activated base coat as it would have been originally.

Unfortunately money is not an object when it comes to my cars much to the disgust of my girlfriend and quite possibly my bank manager, and boss, etc. etc.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

You have my respect sir.

Karl
                              1993 Ruby red Avant, 142,000

Comment

Working...
                              X