Twin exit Zorst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin exit Zorst

Has anyone got an exhaust with an exit either side of the car?

Tried powerflow and the "custom" exhaust place arent able to "customise" enough in my case as they cant make the back box in order to give the twin exit.

Wondered if anyone else has one or might know of other places which could help.

Really want a new system, and would prefer the twin oval exit look, similar to that of the RS6

Help appreciated guys!!
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

I have one with all the pipes and s.o. But it's S4 twin sytem from DahlBack Racing. I've just told them that it will be fitted in s2 and they shipped me everything in peaces.

2x 3" Muflers
    2x 3" Pipers
    1x 2.5" Pipe
    8x 3" 90gr Bend
    2x 2.5" 90gr Bend

They said it is a custom exhaust and I should install it myself.

The problem is like this : After a looked under the car I noticed that I don't have enought space to place both 3" pipes. Excpetially under rear wheels. There is only place for one. So The only way to put twin exhaust is to make all alone 3" till rear wheels , then to make Y pipe and then to 2 muflers.

But you will not gain any power(maybe even loose becouse of Y pipe) , the only advantage is the look.
    Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Was more the look than big gains i was after TBH.

Altho both Cats would be going in the process...

What i proposed was the box being same style as it is at the moment, with it mounted across the back and the exhaust entering the side of it, then the 2 ends of that become the exits, that make sense?

So instead of the exit only coming out of 1 side of the box it exits both sides, but they cant do it

Hmmmmm time for a re-think then
      Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

S2 Ant: Have you managed to find a solution ? As i'm planing to rebuilt exhaust in a next 2 weeks.
        Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Stopped looking, the bottom part of the rear bumper i thought was a trim that clipped on, but its all one piece so i was less keen to get this cut for the twin rear exit.

Also having seen Greg's exhaust and having heard it, his seems to be a very good option, altho i wouldnt go quite as large as his due to the issues he's had since.
          Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Are you just going for the rear twin exit ant, or the side exit? Im sure the side exit isnt possible cos of the floor being so low and no ground clearance....
            Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

If i ever get the funds to spend on the car i'll end up with something similar to Greg's, just not 3", prob 2.75"

I cant see how side exit could be possible due to clearance etc
              Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

And .... What was the Greg setup ?????? As I'm not in UK , never seen it , any pics ???
                Vadim.

Comment

Greg has post it in this section somewhere, is 3" system from turbo back, no Cats and similar to standard rear box, except its mounted more inline with the rest of the exhaust instead of straight across the back.... more diagonal, if that makes sense.

His system was custom built by a company called Prism Motorsport here in the UK.
                  Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Guys, I was chatting to Habib when I bought his Lonflife exhaust off of him. I asked him why he was selling it, and he said it's coz he's had a side entry exhaust put onto his 3B.

So, that proves that it is possible. If anyone is interested give him a shout - his ID on here is Habib.

Maybe even give Longlife a bell.

Alps

Originally posted by Beetie
                    Are you just going for the rear twin exit ant, or the side exit? Im sure the side exit isnt possible cos of the floor being so low and no ground clearance....

Comment

Habib's exhaust exits in front of the rear wheels. Not sure if this is the same as what you guys are talking about.

ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

That must be dodgy as with clearance to kerbs, speed bumps etc!

The damn things touch my exhaust sometimes and thats with it standard and all mounted correctly, i know Greg has the same problem, side exit in the UK would be suicide i would have thought!
                        Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

powerflow

Originally posted by S2 Ant
                          That must be dodgy as with clearance to kerbs, speed bumps etc!

The damn things touch my exhaust sometimes and thats with it standard and all mounted correctly, i know Greg has the same problem, side exit in the UK would be suicide i would have thought!
                          I have a powerflow twin pipe on mine. Very good although booms at 2700.

J

Comment

Originally posted by S2 Ant
                            Has anyone got an exhaust with an exit either side of the car?

Tried powerflow and the "custom" exhaust place arent able to "customise" enough in my case as they cant make the back box in order to give the twin exit.

Wondered if anyone else has one or might know of other places which could help.

Really want a new system, and would prefer the twin oval exit look, similar to that of the RS6

Help appreciated guys!!
                            for lack of a better term ITS A BALL ACHE
                            i wanted a twin exit on mine which its goin for on 09/08 but to have this ive had to do a lot of cutting and carving on the **** end the fact that im having a 3" pipe from the down pipe back dosent help either, ive had to space the sub frame down so as i can fit it over then because i wanted the pipes in the bumper rather than below cause i think that looks too "lacks power" i cut the original slot bigger and copied that to the other side welding a couple of pieces down each side to seal the boot again was goin to go for quad 3" pipes (bmw M3 style) but the guy thats doin says im better with twin 4" (TT style) but like i said this is a pain in the ****! will post pictures if anyone is interested

Comment

Yeh post them when its done.

I was after twin oval ala RS6, but all the stress got the better of me and i have other things needing attention, altho would still like it done eventually if the price isnt stupid and it looks gd enough
                              Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Working...
                              X