Day 2, water pump out, hoses done, belts changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 2, water pump out, hoses done, belts changed

Day two has gone pretty well. No major problems, just lots of lost skin and plenty of blood everywhere

The turbo feed hose Doug advised me to change was good advise! that one was ready to split as was the stat to steel water pipe one, that had only a few miles left in it!!!!

New stat fitted, two water sensors fitted, water pump is out, all three belts changed, all the water hoses now changed, just need to get awater pump and main rad then I can start to put it all back together

Here's the photos and details: here

Certainly getting to know her very intimately! I can think of better ways to spend very hot summer days, but still... has to be done!
    Martyn
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Mate,i'm tempted to grab those hoses from work and take a trip over to see ya tomorrow,just not sure if my chuckle bus will make it in this heat though
    S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

LOL Whats a chuckle bus
      Rob W
      04 Audi S4 Avant
      55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
      92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
      1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

That was a fine days work Martyn - v.useful pics too.

Paul
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Cheers Paul N!!

Paul, thanks for the offer mate but they wouldn't help me though :-(, I've got to get a new rad first before either of those hoses at work can be fitted.... thank you for the offer though!

A chuckle bus it's a red 16V Golf Gti, with.... over heating problems!! Paul don't bother mate!! this weather would cook your engine and I've almost.. had enough of fixing water related problems

To tell the truth, everything I've done so far has not been any where near as hard as I expected!! In total I've only put in 8 hours work on her to get this far and I've replaced / changed just about everything in the water cooling system! all the drive belts, senders etc etc. It's not as hard as I thought it would be. The 'hard parts' of what I've done so far are only getting to the rad fixings and air deflectors, they are ALL a pig! and you WILL lose tons of skin!

Doing all of this on the floor is quite easy, the AC belt replacment would of been a lot easier if the car was on a ramp, but it's not impossible.

Tell the truth, I'm having a whale of a time :-)

Martyn
          Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Tell the truth, I'm having a whale of a time :-)

Martyn [/B]
            Great,i'll get you to do all of my hoses as and when i get my car............................................... ....................in the year 2004 at this rate
            S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

Keep an eye on this site Paul,no idea how good it is tho.
              http://cars.freeads.co.uk/audi.htm
              Rob W
              04 Audi S4 Avant
              55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
              92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
              1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

Martyn, I've got to hand it to ya mate, getting that much work done on your car in this heat is amazing. This will definitely be another wrecked weekend for me as I just can't work in this heat...
                Painfully said goodbye to my baby....

2001 A4
                Silver with black leather, Symphony, sport package, S4 bumper and wheels

Comment

Nice work Martyn. Pity we were working on our cars at the same time but you have saved me having to post "how to do " the main rad. I took 5 hours including replacing the two hoses under the PAS pump and the thermostat. Nursing cut fingers and bad back but the car now heats up properly and MPG improved. Cheers James.

Comment

And to you too sir!!

5 hours is pretty good going! those two hoses cause much loss of skin huh!! I'm still a day away from finishing, waiting for some parts to come in before I start to put it all back together. MPG improved? that'll be cool! bad pun!!

Martyn
                    Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

it took me about 3 weeks to do that much work martyn, maybe im

just a lazy git, been in ibiza for the last week only just got sober

enough to operate a pc , it'll take me another week to

catch up on unread posts, anyway actually got my car started the

night before i left for first time in 8 weeks now just have to wait

another week before i can drive the thing

martin

Comment

NO!!!... "Been in Ibiza for the last week" what I would give for a holiday right now jammy ******... and Ibiza too

Congrats on getting her started now go enjoy her, welcome back to reality Martin!!
                        Martyn
                        Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

LOL

got another week left.

Comment

martyn i told you your welcome to stay over here but only if youll give me your keys! and paul ill send you a copy of the keys
                            piere the parts man

Comment

Behave Ash!!!

This forum is where real men hang out with real cars Sorry dude, couldn't resist having that pop at yer
                              Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Working...
                              X