S2 front ARB on the back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 front ARB on the back

I Know a couple of you guys fitted the front ARB to the rear with an RS2 one up front.

How did you go about getting it to fit on the back. And how has the handling of the car changed? Not just on dry A Roads but in wet, back roads etc.

Did u soften the shocks up a bit after fitting them?

cheers

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Greg, I did this conversion but on the back I didn't use the front S2 ARB. I had another one coming from a 5 cyl 2.0L 20V Coupè (not turbo)which is same diameter (27mm) but shorter arms that make it a little stiffer.
    Explained all the job with some pictures in the "files" section of S2Central (older yahoo group).

My current setup is:
    - Koni adjustables setted at half stiffness both front and back;
    - Front RS2 29mm ARB;
    - Rear "Coupè 20V" 27mm ARB;
    - 19 mm spacers on both front and back wheels (on front needed them to fit RS2 disks and calipers).

Drive is excellent. No more understeering at all. Car feels perfectly balanced in both dry and wet, just slightly oversteering if pushing hard (the harder you push the most oversteer you get). But reactions feel always pretty smooth and manageble.
    Driving confort hasn't changed (I had konis already fitted) it just runs a lot "flatter" with very small body roll.

I like it very much.

Marco

Comment

Marco,

Do you have an Avant or Coupé?

Cheers
      Steve?
      91 Modded 3B
      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

'93 Coupè (ABY)

Comment

Marco,

The ARB that I thought was the same as yours is not and was knocking on the back - it must be off a lower spec car than the 20v as it is not 27mm diameter. It wasn't fitting onto the mounts properly and slid to one side. When I looked at your pictures it was obvious you have a different one.

So - what are the part numbers for your ARB, bushes and brackets?

Also, Did you fully soften your rear Konis shocks? What are they set at front and rear?

Cheers
          Dougal
          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Dougal, dunno part number. Car from where it came off is a 5cyl 2.0 L Coupé 20V engine type NM. Bushes and brackets are the S2 front ones (but looking at them they seemed identical to the NM ones). About Konis, it's quite a lot I have them fitted, so I don't remember how many turns totally allow, but I think I've setted them half way (both front and rear).
            Doesn't seem too stiff to me (but it does to my wife ), but together with the higher specs ARBs drive is much more flatter
            (I defintly hate rolling).

Marco

Comment

Same as me Marco, my konis on the front are set to hard tho. Ride is almost dead flat. Even under heavy cornering.
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Courtesy of Martyn:

F ARB 893 411 309C @ £54.88+vat - THIS IS WRONG - TBC
                Rubber bush 857 407 473A £1.29+vat x2
                Metal washer 857 407 477A £ 0.78p +vat x4

+ I'm going to use Saxo/106 droplinks straight onto the ARB - don't need to weld the extra eyelets Marco has.
                Last edited by Doug_RS2; 11 August 2003, 20:41.

Comment

Has mark got the whiteline rear ARB from Demon Tweeks yet?

Fitted RS2 ARB upfront and understeer is back temporary until rear done

How much different is the Avant suspension to Coupe?
                  Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Loads different. ARBs dont fit for a start. Damn Porchse for only making it in avant form.
                    sigpic
                    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                    Audi UR Quattro
                    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Greg,

Nope, I phoned them and they said middle to late August:eek2:

Mark.
                      Mark - Modded

Comment

When i spoke to Demon Tweeks and ordered my wheel spacers, i also asked about the whiteline ARB kit. They told me that there is no listing for any audis except A3,S3,TT!!!!

Er, whats that all about? What do you have on order?
                        sigpic
                        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                        Audi UR Quattro
                        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Tom,
                          the one in the catalogue (blue) page 49, part #BAR14Z at £86.32.
                          However their comments to you are interesting and probably have something to do with the fact that the delivery time quoted at the begining of june was four to six weeks now streeeeetched to mid to late August. I think I will call them again tomorrow.

Mark.
                          Mark - Modded

Comment

F ARB 893 411 309C this part number is NOT the same part as Marco's - I think this is off the 2WD 20V - I should get the 4WD version soon to see if that fits - I'll post part numbers and pics if it is the correct one i've ordered now!

Comment

OK
                              Phoned DT's today and asked again about the whiteline rear ARB that I ordered (on the 2nd June!) as Tom has been told by someone at DT's that they (whiteline) did not make one when he spoke to them.
                              I was told by a bloke in their Customer Service Dept that they do and its in the catalogue, (well I know that!)
                              The NEW expected delivery time is now mid September! I dont know if I'm being F**ked about or not ( If I am, its by whiteline, and not DT's).
                              This I was told is because it is shipped (literally) from Whiteline in Australia by sea.
                              As I have already said to two people tonight (by P/M) I hope it fits when or if it finally gets here, or I am probably going to have a right laugh getting it sent back and refunded.

Later, Mark.
                              Mark - Modded

Comment

Working...
                              X