Atmospheric dump valves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atmospheric dump valves

I reckon the problem i am having with my car is the fact that i have one of these dump valves. I will be changing back to the standard setup next week and will let you know what the effect is. Am starting to get ****ed off now. My diag. stuff isn't portable so i cant see what is going on on the road. Either need to borrow VAG-COM or a 1551 from my local friendly dealer

Has anyone fitted one of these and had horrible over fuelling?
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Tom,

I doubt your open ended 'dump valve' would be causing the black smoke and running problems. Tha MAF is your top candidate.

Gimme the diag readout at IDLE - Group 0, Channels 1-10 and I can advide further. A rolling test with a VAG1551 adda no value - but a logged run on VAG-COM would (if the 3B supported it - which it doesn't.)

Paul
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Re: Atmospheric dump valves

Originally posted by audiman
      I reckon the problem i am having with my car is the fact that i have one of these dump valves. I will be changing back to the standard setup next week and will let you know what the effect is. Am starting to get ****ed off now. My diag. stuff isn't portable so i cant see what is going on on the road. Either need to borrow VAG-COM or a 1551 from my local friendly dealer

Has anyone fitted one of these and had horrible over fuelling?
      Like paul says that wont affect it, but by not having the crank case pressure regulated you will be loosing some power because of this.
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Ummm, guys, an open dump valve affects the mixture because unmetered air enters the engine and if the valve isn't perfectly closed at WOT, it allows air to exit the engine, thus causing rich running.... I'd fit a stock unit just in case and then I'd suspect the MAF.... sorry I didn't know about the open dump valve before but it may be the reason.

Mihnea
        Last edited by Mihnea; 8 July 2003, 18:28.
        '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
        info@MRCTuning.com
        Workshop Directions

Comment

Working...
        X