c/c and h/s probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c/c and h/s probs

can anyone offer any sugguestions on this. both of my heated seats dont work and also the cruise control has stopped working. the last owner told me that these all worked ok but was not bothered about fixing them . low on list of his priorities. must admit heated seats not too bothered but getting cruise to work again would be nice. thanks in advance if anyone can point me in the right direction.
    ako

I just had one heated seat fixed - If I had known how much it was gonna be, I would not have bothered - needed new pad back and bottom and took up ALL my samco hose money plus more on top.

Martyn/Vagparts will get you the parts cheaper than I paid (Audi retail nnngh) but check the switch and fuse first (whichever one it is) - after that, give up on the seat - it's really not worth the £300+, though I'm sure I'll try to convince my self in winter that it is

Cruise control is on my list to add, and I think that would make my car just about every option but with A/C instead of Climate, and no Electric Seats.

Anybody got EVERY option, and are they all still working? Anybody got a full list of the options?
    'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

What is a full option list?

1: A/C yes died again yesterday
      2: Sunroof yes
      3: Ski hatch no
      4: heated seats yes
      5: electric seats no Aby's only???
      6: leather yes
      7: electric rear vents no
      8: cruise no

What else was on offer??
      Rob W
      04 Audi S4 Avant
      55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
      92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
      1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

Looking at S2 central there were fooking loads of options including things like heated washer jets and even heated door handles (locks) :eek2:

Loock under the 'more codes' section on Paul's site go to 'option codes' and then the link to 'P' code reference. Looks like these are for all Audi 80/90s so I guess some would standard on the S2.

The buyers guide on the site also mentions some options like central locking and believe it or not a 'solar powered cockpit vent'

Leigh

BTW I think my car has no options at all
        Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

That solar powered cockpit vent was well trick!! a small 'solar panel' type device on the dashtop provided just enough power to spin up the interior fan motor a little and help to keep the interior cool on hot days when the car was shut and locked. So you come back to a slightly less than roasting car on days like today.

I've got it on my S2!! I have the later version of it, you leave you windows down half an inch on hot days
          Martyn
          -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

thanks 4 that apness at 300 quid i think i wont bother , but it would be nice to get cruise working!! anyone any ideas , checked fuses all ok ....
            ako

Comment

Ako,

Try checking the electrical connections to and inside the stalk on the steering column, mine has a loose connection in it resulting in intermittent operation at times (can usually be cured by flicking the switch about), failing that the vacuum hose to the actuator (bolted to the rear underside of the inlet manifold) may have come loose.

Mark.
              Mark - Modded

Comment

cheers mark i'll av a look at that thx..
                ako

Comment

I've got a spare indicator stalk with cruise control if anyone wants it. Free to a good home. I bought one trying to cure my own cc fault, but it didn't make a difference.

Another possible fix is a dodgy wire going into the cc module - to be found above and behind the glovebox. This is what my local Audi teccy told me after his 4th unsuccessful attempt at fixing it!
                  I plan to yank it out and check it out for dry joints.

Does your cc work at all - even intermittently? If so, it is more likely to be a loose wire that a vacuum problem.

PS - stalk pn - 443 953 513 J 01C - ON / OFF & RESUME are in GERMAN!!!!
                  ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

thanks sidspud i'll check out that as well. and it dont work at all .tried flicking etc whilst on motorway but no joy
                    ako

Comment

Re: c/c and h/s probs

Originally posted by akojacko
                      can anyone offer any sugguestions on this. both of my heated seats dont work and also the cruise control has stopped working. the last owner told me that these all worked ok but was not bothered about fixing them . low on list of his priorities. must admit heated seats not too bothered but getting cruise to work again would be nice. thanks in advance if anyone can point me in the right direction.
                      Mine was not blessed with cc so I don’t know how this may relate to the S2, but as a quick check, take a look and see if there is a clutch switch, (which I would expect, to disengage the cc) if this is stuck then it wont work! (Oh and make sure the brake lights aren’t stuck on either, it may be worth having a quick look to see if there are two switches on the brake pedal). (I doubt it but you never know!)
                      Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

Good ideas from Glen there. Sadly I don't yet have the correct schematic for the CC system. It's one that belongs in the generic Audi 80 1992 binder which I haven't managed to track down yet... ****

Paul
                        Paul Nugent
                        Webmaster http://S2central.net
                        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

great thx 4 that i'll av a look asap.
                          ako

Comment

Finally got my cruise control working!

I did it the expensive way, by replacing bits until it worked, but at least I know that it now works properly. Turned out to be the control module situated behind and above the glove box. One screw and a broken back later I was merrily cruising along with both feet tucked well away from any pedals.

Now all I've got to do is refit the glove box!
                            ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Working...
                            X