Seat Brembo idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Brembo idea

Did anything come of this or was it not possible to adapt and fit a set of these from the Cupra R's on to the S2?

As i know there was discussion of discs being too thin, but never saw any definite answers
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

another possibility

How about a set from a Fiat Coupe - they have Brembo's on the front no idea if they would work or not though i think they are a 16inch rim. Again questions over disc size and thickness...

Cheers,

David
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

The Fiat Coupe uses the same calipers as the Pug 406 V6. Disc size is 305 x 28mm. Definitely worth investigating - usual problem getting discs to fit though
      Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Pug/Fiat disc fitting

Mike,

When you say getting the disc to fit do you mean as in locating it on the hub and being to shallow/deep etc or do you mean 4 instead of 5 stud fitment? Is it possible to do a simple redrill at the appropriate positions to fit the s2 if all else is lining up ok or would it fundamentally reduce the structural integrity of the disc?

Again showing my distinct lack of knowledge with most things technical.

Cheers,

David
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I mean the combination required to get a 5 stud fit, the right diameter, the correct thickness and most important of all, the offset (centre hat height).

This last measurement is critical as the disc needs to be central in the caliper.

You probably could redrill a 4 stud disc but it needs to be the correct offset.
          Mike

Comment

spacer?

I am guessing that you could fit a spacer behind the disc to align it?

David
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Why not just use the S6/A8 disc we all know and love (314x30) with the correct 5-bolt pattern. Then take Brembo calipers from any Seat, Fiat or whatever and have custom carrier brackets made to suit that application.

Big caveat is that the calipers need to be designed for a 30mm disc depth of course.

Don't think we have any options for an Audi 28mm disc - but I think the S8 and S6plus used a 323x32 affair so that might be the better way to go with standard discs of some sort.

However 314mm discs need the 6-spoke Avus or bigger wheel and the 323mm disks need a 17" rim as best I can tell.

Paul
              Paul Nugent
              Webmaster http://S2central.net
              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Not as simple as that for the calipers under discussion.

Max disc thickness for the Fiat / Pug calipers is 28mm - it might be possible to get away with ia 30mm disc but fitting new pads would be interesting.

Seats calipers use a 312x25mm disc so the disc is not suitable
                Mike

Comment

Sorry for coming in so late on this thread, but for what it's worth, the Audi TT has a 312x25mm front disc, it might be worth investigating redrilling the disc for the correct bolt pattern, what do you guys think?

Cheers,

Mihnea
                  '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                  info@MRCTuning.com
                  Workshop Directions

Comment

did anyone get a price on the seat cupra R calipers?

(for the 323 x 28mm disk?)

cheers...

Comment

according to main dealer:

Seat Cupra R calipers:

for 17" wheel - 312 x 25mm £95 +VAT (10% off for trade)
                      for 18" wheel - 323 x 28mm £258 + VAT (10% off for trade)

the 323mm calipers come complete with pads etc.

Prices are for single calipers.

Back to the drawing board then
                      suppose cou could marry the 312 seat caliper with a TT disk as described by mihnea ??? - cheap upgrade but perhaps a bit thin....
                      Last edited by Alistair C; 30 July 2003, 09:39.

Comment

is 323x28 not big enough then?!?!

Surely those few mm cant be that significant??? Or am i missing something else here?
                        Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                        2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

no - what I meant there was the 28 mm calipers are not cheap & the 25mm calpiers are too thin.

The idea with the Seat calipers was that they might be a good source of cheap brembos.

Comment

If you want to use the 312x25 caliper, best solution for a brake disc is a US spec A8 disc. This comes in the correct dimensions of 312x25mm and also has the correct spacing for the bolts of 5x112mm.

I'm sure Martyn could get hold of these discs for you.
                            Mike

Comment

Working...
                            X