coolant loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coolant loss

I've got my avant back on the road today only for it to dump all its coolant. I've looked all over the engine bay but can;t see where's it's coming from. The belly tray is covered and its dripping from one of the slots on the offside.

Any ideas? I've been waiting four weeks to get back behind the wheel and need the car over the weekend.

Ben
    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Ben,

congrats on getting her on the road mate!! you've got no choice here but to remove the pan mate and look up her backside to find it....

Good luck.

Martyn
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Martyn,

i'll need it. It's stuck outside my house at the moment on the road. looks like a bit of traffic dodging is in order.

On a better note, it went like stink on the way home, and looks so much better with the front bolted on properly.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

Which side of the engine does it look like it's coming from ?
        If it's the the nearside, check the small length of rubber hose coming of off the front of the water manifold under the inlet manifold joining to a piece of pipe that runs around the front of the engine under the timing belt(this is the coolant return from the turbo).
        This degrades and leaks at high'ish mileage. Unfortunately this is a pisser to get at and you will have to remove the PAS pump to gain access to it.
        Have a good look as this is only a few cm long (10 cm internal diameter) and very hard to see with everything in place.

Good luck, Mark.
        Mark - Modded

Comment

Looks like the water pump has popped. Oh well, that'll be another week off the road then. I have a dream that one day I'll be able to drive my s2 for more than a day without it falling to pieces.

While the pump is being done, I may as well get a new alternator (120a) as the current one is falling apart. And I think it's time for some bilsteins to go with the rs2 ARBs.

It's a good job I remorgaged.

Ben

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X