Water Injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Injection

has anyone looked into/had experiance with this, ive was speaking to a guy with a modified 20v ur lump in his 100 avant who had it fitted, and says that it worked really well, brought his intake temperature right down, with a double capacity intercooler also, reckons hes seen his intake temperature as low as 1 deg c, (sensor fitted near throttle housung) at full boost.

martin

Funny you should say this Martin..... I'm working with a friend who owns an S3 to make a poor mans equivalent with a twist!! at the moment....

We had this funky idea to make a 'cheap' DIY version of this with some real ingenious parts (ain't telling what yet )

IF it works.... and that's a big if.... then we'll of made our own MK1 versions for about £20 !!!

BEFORE any tech heads start saying atomising water into the inlet tract is an exact science that's not quite what we're up too....

All will be revealed some time in the future from the seat of the pants dyno. IF it works, then we'll invest in some dyno time and a revised MK2 version as the MK1 version is extremely crude! but just *may* work :-)

The Mk3 version is in my head already and has a real neat twist, but.. only if the MK1 works to any degree....

Martynf
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

im definately gonna look into trying this, this guys an ex audi technician, was telling me all sorts of interesting stuff whilst i was there buying his rs2 turbo, and get this... just before i left he gave me his workshop manuals for the rr engine/motronic systems,' there you go' he said 'you may as well have these i wont need them' (hes breaking his car due to broken con rod).
      paul, do you know the main differences between the rr engine and the 3b?

cheers
      martin

Comment

Nice one Martin!!

I know a man who might love to get his hands on those manuals!! If you want all the details on the H2O injection kit, this seems to be the biggest commercial source of info in the UK: http://www.aquamist.co.uk

Martynf
        Martyn
        -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Martin - If you have the RR manuals then you have everything you need for that head job - ain't you the jammy sod.

Differences are relating to location of ancilliares AFAICR - nothing major to concern yourself with.

As for water injection, I also think it can be very useful - haven't researched it yet. There are some good commercial kits out there - but you'd need it to be programmed in such a way that it keeps the Motronic ECU working in its sweet spot - ie not too hot and not too cold

The alternative is 'garden spray' mods which can be jiggied to mist onto the intercooler as an aid to heat removal. Heard of it being done on some modded UR's but never dabbled myself. Water features of this nature are best left to Charlie feckin' Dimmocks (yikes)

Paul
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

yeah ive been studyin them and have helped with my head job, got it off this morning, its a good job ive had this 'mishap' as its revealed loads of water pipes etc down near the block that are absolutely shafted, the short breather pipe that leaves the block and joins that black thingy was literally inside out, so there was basically no breather system, black s**t everywhere, this guy was showing me how to chance the valve seals, have you seen the special tool that does this, so it can be done without taking the head off, he has one of these which i can borrow, saves p***ing about with compressors.

martin

Comment

Working...
            X