Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT analysis

Can anyone help?
    I have just had 3B Coupe MOT'd. Following are "Crypton Gas Analysis" figures I was provided with :
    CO level 0.56% vol, HC level 129 ppm, CO2 level 13.82% vol, O2 level 0.99% vol, LAMBDA 1.03, Oil Temperature 19ºC
    The car evidently passed the MOT.
    Are these figures god, bad or indifferent. Should I be concerned?
    Thanks

Ian
    '91 3B Coupe

Those figures are TERRIBLE.

Either their equipment is rubbish or your car is ill.

CO should be almost unmeasurable on a healthy S2. Mine is chipped and showed 0% at the last test.

HC was 30ppm on my last test.

I dare say you mean AIR temp was 19C - not 'oil'

Even if your car is de-CAT'd it should be better than this. Any mods or funny running ?

When was the lambda probe last changed ?

What is your average MPG - ish ?

Paul
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Thanks Paul
      I have been back to garage, who advise that figures are incorrect "just MOT figures they do not reflect car's performance"
      However, going through your note:
      The print out definitely says oil temperature. I suspect probe was just sensing air temperature!
      Car is standard, no mods, but has done 260,000 miles plus, After MOT and "service", car now has intermittent starting problem - it runs very rough to start and needs coaxing to tick over, severe mis-fire at start. This fault is intermittent, as sometimes starts straightaway. Tickover is around 1000 rpm.
      The lambda probe was changed AFTER the MOT.
      Average mpg on local trips is 21mpg, whilst on longer journeys 23 / 24 mpg.

Regards

Ian
      '91 3B Coupe

Comment

Working...
      X