Flame deflector position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flame deflector position

im about to put my breather system back together, have had to renew all the pipes, where is the correct place to put the flame deflector, etka shows it in the short pipe from the block to the pressure valve but my old one was after the pressure valve, could this be the cause of my pipes melting into a black mess!

Martin

I'm about to check my breather system (now I've got my turbo off) Have you got any tips on taking it apart? If I manage to do it later this week I'll check where my flame deflector is.

Are you using jubilee clips to put it back together? The original ones seem to be single use. Martyn at VAG parts said he'd considered getting the tool for these clips but it was £170

Why did you replace all the pipes? Is there a test for the valve?

Cheers

Leigh
    Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Martin

This is from EKTA flame thingy is number 5. (if your engine is an ABY)

HTH

Leigh
      Attached Files

Comment

leigh,
        it was whilst i have the head off that i realised what a state the pipes were in, mines a 3b so is slightly different but the short pipe on mine (no 11 on your drawing) was literally inside out, the 3b system shows the deflector in the pipe thats similar to no 2, but mine was in no 4 , confused ,i am,
        basically with this split pipe there was no breather system at all, and what pipes remain have all changed into a gooey mess and covered everything in crap, took ages to clean everything, i would have thought it would be a PITA to change them all with all engine in place.
        just threw all pipes/clips in the bin and started again!

martin

Comment

Sorryy, didn't realise that yours was a 3B! I'm sure someone on here will have the answer, they usually do.

Unless its a question about strange smoking Avants and then eveyone is confused

Cheers

Leigh

Comment

3B engine : 5A / 035 103 477 A / FLAME DEFLECTOR PLATE

Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

yeah, thats the drawing i have sweeper but the deflecter was placed at the other side of valve 4a on my car.
              anyway thats obviously the correct way so ill go with that.

Comment

Hi,

Hose 1 on the 3b picture is broken on my S2.
                I have already ordered a new one.

Can somebody explain the working of these hoses/pipes?

Thanks !
                www.S2power.com

S2 Coupe - decat - EPS exhaust - RS2 IC - RS2 front - RS2 brakes - RS2 mirrors - Koni shocks - H&R springs - Jehnert doorpanels & Audison Amps - leather & sunroof - VEMS - USA rearlights

Comment

Working...
                X