Free badges anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free badges anyone?

Hi i was chatting with my mate whose dad ownes a VW Golf gti, anyway a few weeks ago some little twa* pinched the badges off of it, so then he took the car to his local dealer and the parts manager told him VAG group dont like to have a car that does not have the company logo advertised on it and that they will replace it for free, the car is just over a year old. I wonder if it can be blagged??

Graham
    > > > :wacked:
    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

That's new one on me, and I've been doing main dealer parts for five years. I would imagine the parts manager was doing him a favour. Customer satisfaction is getting to be a real big issue for main dealers. They're even going to start testing all staff to make sure they meet VW standards. Not just on product knowledge but on personality and interaction with others!!!

VW do send out free badges to dealers who request them for new cars that don't have them. They used to send out big bags of them (not just VW roundels but the GTI and other badges) until they got wise to the fact that unscrupulous parts departments were putting them into stock and selling them. Nowadays you have to request them with a copy of the vehicle details .

Ben
    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Working...
    X