No announcement yet.

The S2 carpet mats are getting closer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The S2 carpet mats are getting closer!

AN update for all on the one off run of S2 carpet mats:

We have now got all the templates for 3B, ABY Coupes and Avants and are sending the templates to the maker today.

I have asked them for an indication price so I can now start to get an idea of how many sets are wanted. The final price depends on how many they make, of course the more wanted, the cheaper they become

I gave them a 'guess' of 15 sets in total, but the more the merrier as I'm sure the price will come down. The price per set based on 15 sets they said would be £39 and delivery is £9.95. I've mailed them today to clarify inc vat or exc vat and I'll post that later here. <Price confirmed as including vat>.

The mats are their Deluxe quality, which means as good if not better than OE! No logo as that is copy right protected! and the colour will be black. The holes for the peg fixing will be there.

Once the templates are converted to computer versions, they can then set the cutting wheels in motion in Germany!!! The mats are made in Germany!! :-). They have quoted 4 weeks from quantity confirmation to delivery time.

I think it's best if everyone who would like a set could please post a reply here saying yes and their S2 model and engine so I have a list 'at a glance' of how many sets are wanted.

I'm thinking that this should be left open for ?? about 4 weeks? to make sure everyone has the chance to decide yes or no to a set.

We (VAG Parts) are not making anything on this and this will be a ONE OFF run only! This is in return for the club accepting us as part of the club :-) What ever the cost per mat is, is what everyone here will pay, not a penny more.

I think I've covered everything? I'll probably request payment for the mats when I confirm the production run and the final price is set to make sure everything is smooth and easy for all.

Martyn
    Last edited by Martynf; 9 July 2003, 20:20.
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Martyn

Definately YES.
    ABY Avant

Leigh
    Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Yes

ABY Coupe

Dougal
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Martyn, if they are under £50 delivered then i'll have a set as well.

I was not in the original request as I was being ar*y about wanting graphite mats :mad: - i've got over that now

95 ABY Coupe

Jim

don't suppose they can get rid of overboost
        Last edited by blu_s2; 9 July 2003, 15:11.
        Jim

Comment

put me down also martyn

3b coupe

martin

Comment

I'll have some

ABY Avant
            ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

I'll have a set, please.
              ABY Avant.

Cheers,

Michel.

Comment

Just wandering why do you need any carpets ? OEM are bad ????

I just don't get it , if they were with somekind of cool logo that yes. But why for a simple carpets ?????

Just a question.
                Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

I'll have a set!!

ABY Coupe
                  Coupe

Comment

Martyn,

yes please, ABY (!) Avant.

Steve
                    Avant. Stock.

Comment

:-)

Because in the UK our weather is crap! hardly anyone has a real set of OE mats that fit right!

We all mostly have poor fitting mats from Halfords!! Those mats slip down the footwell and stop you hitting full throttle!! My mats slide up to the throttle pedal stop and you cannot push the gas pedal all the way down!

So these carpet mat sets will add another 50 hp to my car!!

Besides that, the carpet under my mats has a hole in it :-(

The OE mats have been obsolete for years now and we want some!!

Hows that? ;-)
                      Martyn
                      Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Put me down , old bean. I may just have my wages transferred directly to you and audi uk

ABY Avant

Ben

By the way I know this isn't the place for it but I've got a genuine set of s2 coupe mats, if aybody wants them
                        the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                        1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Hehe I have a set of super-quality carpets. Weather condition here is normal. Carpets have QUATTRO on them

Yes I know. I'm a bitch.
                          Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Mats

Set for me too.

will they be as per the patterns that i sent to you? The Audi made mats were all the wrong size.

it is ABY '93-'94 coupe

Greg
                            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Greg,

The ABY Coupe mats are coming straight off your pattern!!! so if they don't fit, I can blame you :nana:

Your patterns were great!! even the fixing hole distances! way to go Greg!

Ben, you have to watch those OE mats!! I got a set from guy who works in a dealership, he brought them to GTI international and I bought them off him, and guess what....... they DONT fit!!! the holes for the studs are too close together!!

That's why we've copied OE mats from guys in the club who had OE ones that actually fitted!!! Don't know why the OE ones are so wrong most of the time.... Oh, and my bank details to do a standing order to me for £1000 a month are...

Martyn
                              Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Working...
                              X