Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few parts for sale (ECU, manifold, etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few parts for sale (ECU, manifold, etc)

Hi all,

I currently have for sale:

1 set of injectors from an ABY: 150 Euros
    1 RS2 exhaust manifold with 2 light cracks inside (no risk for them of going out, all of them have those cracks): 400 Euros (price I paid for it)
    1 S2 3B ECU stock or chipped: 600 Euros
    1 3B ignition coil in perfect working order: 100 Euros

1 7A engine code cylinder head, complete with valves, springs, retainers and so on, no more cams: 200 Euros.SOLD

More parts are available, too many to list here or to remember, simply ask!

Hybrid RS2 turbos are coming up soon by the way!

Mihnea
    Last edited by Mihnea; 1 September 2003, 23:46.
    '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
    info@MRCTuning.com
    Workshop Directions

Are the hybrid RS2s good for 400bhp?

I have been in Marks and need 400bhp now.
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Nope, unfortunately the compressor can't do more than 380 HP... but just wait for your car to have 500 Nm (do you still have the cats on??) and I think you won't need 400HP
      '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
      info@MRCTuning.com
      Workshop Directions

Comment

No CATs fitted. After being in Marks though I was thinking of getting one of the custom K27s(the one that Greg is looking into) just to get upto 400bhp. What would the differences be betwen the RS2, K27 and Marks beast in torque and when it comes in?

Comment

Well, the difference would be that the RS2 would give the torque earlier than the others... a k26/27 is nice as well but anyway, at 400HP you're 20HP under the limit for the RS2 exhaust manifold, so if you're planning on possibly (one day maybe?) having more, just dump the darn RS2 EM and get a sport quattro/MTM S1 EM those should increase spool-up time some but they also provide with more headroom for more HP, safer than the RS2 EM which becomes really restrictive at 420HP, FWIW an SQ EM with no additional changes will give you 450HP with the same setup....

www.MRCTuning.com
          info@MRCTuning.com
          Workshop Directions

Comment

Too many options - my head/wallet can't take this today :wacked:

I don't know what to do.

I don't want to change the EM.
            I don't want to make custom downpipes.
            That 420bhp sounds nice even if the EM is beyond it's limits. What bolt on turbo would get me that?
            What is the limit of the S2 fuel pump?

This is never ending

If I could buy a turbo tomorrow and just swap it to get me capable of >400bhp, I would do it.

Comment

Doug,

I'm in the same boat. Damn, that Halligan and his demonic beast.

I want to hit the 400hp mark off the shelf VAG bits as far as is possible. Two reasons: To prove it can be done with little to no fabricated or custom parts and because it will be cheap as chips for me.

I'm looking at the K27 and EM from a sport quattro along with RS2 injectors & MAF and 7A cams.

Obviously the downpipe will have to be custom as will the some of the pipework and the ECU program, but other than that I want to make it as O.E as is possible.

After discussing it with Mark the K27 looks like it might have a little too much lag although there should be enough torque before spool up to keep the low speed driveability.

Any thoughts Mihnea? I would like your input as you know far more about these things than I do.

Ben
              the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
              1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Well, Mark's turbo can do the 420HP for you with no problems, and it will be well within its reliability limits!!! But you'll need custom water/oil lines with it, as well as different intake hoses, you'll also possibly need to remove the airbox for it to fit....

www.MRCTuning.com
                info@MRCTuning.com
                Workshop Directions

Comment

Ben, the problem is that although a K27 has the same exducer diameter as Mark's hybrid turbo, the K27 doesn't have ceramic ball bearings and thus will have much more lag and will need more time in order to spool up compared to his turbo.... definitely not a very good turbo in these regards.... If I were you, I'd go for about 380 HP with an RS2 turbo, EM, injectors and your stock MAF without the outlet rat shield and that's all, should be much more fun to drive and a lot less "peaky" than a huge turbo and an SQ EM that has an enormous collector outlet (think gas velocity here!!!).

HTH,

mihnea

Originally posted by s2avant
                  Doug,

I'm in the same boat. Damn, that Halligan and his demonic beast.

I want to hit the 400hp mark off the shelf VAG bits as far as is possible. Two reasons: To prove it can be done with little to no fabricated or custom parts and because it will be cheap as chips for me.

I'm looking at the K27 and EM from a sport quattro along with RS2 injectors & MAF and 7A cams.

Obviously the downpipe will have to be custom as will the some of the pipework and the ECU program, but other than that I want to make it as O.E as is possible.

After discussing it with Mark the K27 looks like it might have a little too much lag although there should be enough torque before spool up to keep the low speed driveability.

Any thoughts Mihnea? I would like your input as you know far more about these things than I do.

Ben

www.MRCTuning.com
                  info@MRCTuning.com
                  Workshop Directions

Comment

I'll 2nd Mihnea on that opinion - a correctly mapped RS2 hybrid is the best compromise for mid range torque/driveability and nearly 400bhp at the top end. Can also be done much cheaper than the lovely monster that Mark built.

Paul
                    Paul Nugent
                    Webmaster http://S2central.net
                    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Thanks for the input. Your swaying me back to the more reasonable RS2 conversion. Next week will be the time when I can 'accidentally' order a turbo, manifold and other bits I'll need.

As far as I can work out I'll need the following:

RS2 K26 turbo
                      RS2 EM
                      RS2 injectors

Is there anything else? Such as:

7A exhaust cam (and intake?)
                      RS2 MAF

etc.

I'll have a fairly narrow window of time to sort the bits out so want to get everything I need in one go.

Ben
                      the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                      1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

@Ben: the 7A exhaust cam is a good choice as well, but for the MAF I won't do it personnally, it's only worth 3HP more than a descreened ABY MAF. But, if you can get an RS2 airbox (or at least the lower part that has a bigger entry, 100mm vs 80 on the ABY), I'd get it too, it's also worth about 5HP compared to the ABY item.

That setup is more reasonable, cheaper, offers good low RPM response and HP wise there are only about 20 or so HP....

Another advice I can give you is to have your head ported and polished by a good shop (a flow bench is ideal anyway) and also to have the EM ported and polished, there are a few more HP to be had with that and that could make the difference between 400HP on a stock motor with a huge turbo and 395 on your motor with an RS2 turbo....

www.MRCTuning.com
                        info@MRCTuning.com
                        Workshop Directions

Comment

I think I might stay with what i've got and see what magic Mihnea can do when he's over.

Then I can save for the big mods later.

Comment

@Doug: I think that's the most reasonable you can do actually... can you please tell me what boost levels your car is running as peak boost, boost at 4kRPM, 6k RPM and 7k RPM?
                            Cheers m8,

Mihnea

www.MRCTuning.com
                            info@MRCTuning.com
                            Workshop Directions

Comment

Mihnea - I will try and do that tonight - I have a boost gauge but never got round to fitting it.

Comment

Working...
                              X