another e//S2 project...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another e//S2 project...

Well now that Jimmy's filled you all in on the goings on of our North American obsession with the S2, I'd like to add my bit. I too am building an e//S2 out of my 1991 CQ. I've been at it almost a year now, with the hopes of starting her up for the first time in about a month. I just recently learned of this forum, and I'm already enjoying it! I'm looking forward to sharing my ideas and experiences with everyone here. In the mean time, I've posted a pic of my completely reconditioned 3B engine as a testament to my passion for this project!

Last edited by archiboy24; 5 September 2003, 20:21.
    Ben
    Calgary, Alberta
    Canada
    1991 CQ e//S2 w/ RS2 spec 3B 20vt
    Panther Black Metallic
    www.moda-architecture.ca

Top respect to you guys

How much do these conversions cost you guys? Obviously it takes time.

Is importing a complete car not an option?
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

You've done superb work on that 3B engine that's better than when it came out the factory! I look forward to reading how your project goes...
      Martyn
      -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

thanks guys!

cost for these projects vary greatly depending on how far you go with it. i have seen it done for as little as $2k for bare bones or as much as $30k+ for full concourse spec S2 conversion. since i am doing all of the work my self, there is no cost for labour, only blood, sweat & tears! i am pretty much going full out on this project, and i estimate i'll be into it well over $10k for parts alone. the base engine (from a wrecked 1991 US 200) was nearly $3k, but it had very low miles on it. parts are very hard to come by, and very expensive. half the reason the project has taken so long is that i'm always searching for affordable used parts (see my posting in the "wanted" section of this forum!) on ebay or through contacts i have in europe. so far, people have been a great help, both with supplying parts and offering invaluable information.
        incidently, a number of people have looked into importing an S2 from europe, but from what i've heard it's quite impossible. besides, importing one would give nowhere near the satisfaction of building your own! of course, my car will never be an exact S2 replica, but i'm sure trying to get it as close as possible.

ben
        Ben
        Calgary, Alberta
        Canada
        Panther Black Metallic
        www.moda-architecture.ca

Comment

hey ben while that pic is up...

This is Josh from the Es2 list

You still have the 200 lower water manifold "cover" on the motor?

You will need to use the 7a if I remember right.

part # 034 121 121 c?

Cheers
          Josh
          I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

josh are you talking about...

the t-stat housing?
            Ben
            Calgary, Alberta
            Canada
            Panther Black Metallic
            www.moda-architecture.ca

Comment

The thermostat housing should point to side, slightly downwards.
              -

Comment

hey ben

It would be the "cover" as etka calls it.
                Which is just behind the water manifold pump.

On the 7a motor it's the piece that looks some what like a ***** Basically it's where one of the coolant pipes attach to.

Your 200 "cover" is pointing in the wrong direction.

hmm.. maybe I got a pic......

Ding Ding Ding.. We have a winner!.
                I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

Working...
                X