Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code 2341

Not having any joy with the car a the moment :mad:

On the way to work, and I drove carefully the MIL circuit flashed on first time I went above 50mph, which was after about 10mins of driving. Untiil the MIL flashed the car drove fine, although I never 'asked' boost to go above 0.5bar.

On checking a fault code of 2341 has been logged. The car stalled twice on declutch and after the fault was logged the idle bounced between 500rpm and 1200rpm, eventually settling on a bounce between 800-1000.

The MAF and Lamda have been replaced in last 5k miles (and cured their associated problems). I had a good look round the hoses at the weekend and could find no major leaks.

Any other ideas?

Jim
    Jim

Not sure what the text for this code is? Have you checked the intercooler o ring? Thats a ****** for letting go. Im i the process of making a special clamping device so that it holds and gives a perfect seal.
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Could be one of several things -

1. Intake air leak - hoses and the dreaded O-ring
      2. Incorrect fuel pressure
      3. Exhaust leak
      4. Dicky lamba
      5. Dicky MAF

Failing that it could be a bad earth or something stupid. Will be happy to help you sort it when we get together for the Samco session, but it sounds like you need a fix in a hurry.

Is the car misfiring in anyway ? A long shot would be an ignition related problem. I have spare power stages we can try, but it would be useful to check your coil packs as well - these are a bit of a ****** to replace so you don't wanna be replacing all five on a whim

Paul
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Yes it is urgent. It'll have to go off the road till fixed.

It does feel as though it is not firing cleanly - although no absolute misfire on any cylinder.

Usual problem of time and tools to diagnose! Even tried a couple of local garages to see if they could fit it in - 2 weeks time at best.

I'm not convinced of an air leak, simply cos the fault seems to be worse once the car is warm - would expect a leak to be reasonably constant, if it is a bad enough leak to cause these problems.

Jim
        Jim

Comment

I can post you a spare power stage if you wanna try that !

Let me know off list...

Earth strap on the coil packs nice & tight ?

Paul
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Earth points all look okay, my first check these days ;-)
            Jim

Comment

now would this explain anything more to anyone.....

with the ISV disconnected I stop the nasty idle bounce. Car idles smoothly at 1000rpm.

after resetting the ECU and driving WOT i go violently into limp home mode and 2224 fault code only.

only other thing i can add is at adle i can hear a very audible click on the WGFV every 15sec.

confused, you will be in the next episode....

Jim
              Jim

Comment

Working...
              X