Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to change the steering wheel - help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change the steering wheel - help please?

http://www.meckisfaq.de/antworten/innen/airbaglenkrad

I think this is telling me how to change to a newer style steering wheel but a webpage translation is still not clear - Can someone please decipher this for me?

Cheers
    Dougal
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

I've done it on a non-airbag model

Remove the plastic covering the steering column - two screws from underneath. This will let you take the top half off.
    Disconnect the horn cable - should just be a spade connector.
    Now push the horn button in and turn it about 15 - 20 degrees anti-clockwise. It should then just fall off.
    Behind it you will see a big nut holding on the steering wheel. Undo it and pull the wheel off.
    All the stalks and stuff just pull off as well, although they mught need a bit more persuasion.

If you've got an airbag then I've just wasted my time!
    Personally, I use my face as an airbag!
    ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

I have an airbag - did you put oone of those newer Audi Sport s spokers on yours?(without the airbag fitted)

I want one like this:
      Attached Files

Comment

www.google.com . there is translate tools. You can choose translate from german to english web page.
        Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

tried a translation webpage and still wasn't sure what models fitted, what the adapter did, do I need to replace stalks?????

Comment

need help steering wheel change

Originally posted by Doug_RS2 View Post
            I have an airbag - did you put oone of those newer Audi Sport s spokers on yours?(without the airbag fitted)

I want one like this:

any thread or info how to upgrade from ugly f... 4 spoke steering wheel to the nicer 3 spoke one ??

i know it s quite a difficult upgrade to do the change with airbag but i can t stand that ugly 4 spoke steering wheel anymore !!

if really too difficult, how to remove the Airbag light in the computer dashboard to put the standard 3 spoke S2 without airbag ??

looked at the fuse panel , but can t find the one only for the airbag...

thanks for help
            Attached Files
            S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

Originally posted by geryS2 View Post
              any thread or info how to upgrade from ugly f... 4 spoke steering wheel to the nicer 3 spoke one ??

i know it s quite a difficult upgrade to do the change with airbag but i can t stand that ugly 4 spoke steering wheel anymore !!

if really too difficult, how to remove the Airbag light in the computer dashboard to put the standard 3 spoke S2 without airbag ??

looked at the fuse panel , but can t find the one only for the airbag...

thanks for help
              Hi easy enough, I just retro fitted the ring from the 4 spoke no problem that was 6 years ago and alls well
              RS 2 580HP

Comment

Originally posted by jade View Post
                Hi easy enough, I just retro fitted the ring from the 4 spoke no problem that was 6 years ago and alls well
                i got the early 1993 model, the back plate is completely different from the later 3 spoke with airbag, linky maybe to any thread welcome
                S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

there must be at least 10 threads about this on this forum, with pics part numbers and everything...
                  Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Working...
                  X