Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp Sender woes....

Morning!

Got my replacement temp sender ( '91 3B S2 ) & trying to fit it to water rail , but I cant seem to find a tool/spanner/wrench that will both fit the size of the sender ( 30Mm I think ) & that will fit into the cramped space on the side of the block.I am assuming that no hoses etc have to be removed to allow this to take place.

I am thinking along the lines of a crowfoot spanner or similar.

anyone got any ideas or got around this problem before ?

cheers

srf, hi.

I took a look to my car's water rail (the "not running"one with the 3B engine fitted ).
    Never had the need to change temp sensors, neither the "after-run temp-sensor" (22mm wrench) nor the "multi-function-sensor" (29mm wrench). The latter is a little easyer to reach but I think both can be unbolted with combined wrenches using the "open jaw" side. Tried to fit the 29mm on the multi-function-sensor. There is not much room to moove around, but it is possible to do the job in small moovements flipping the "open jaw" side of tool one side and the other. If you don't mind cutting the wrench down, shortening it to around 8" total lenght, will make it clear from ABS ducts, giving some better mooving around the item.
    Hope this helps.

Marco

Comment

Cheers.

I have oirdered a medium priced 29mm combi spanner from an internet tool shop- GBP 7 incl P&P - if its to big ( it will be! ) then at least i can cut it down to size & not worry about destroying a decent tool.

failing that, a set of chinese made "grips" may work!
      Last edited by srf; 30 July 2003, 16:43.

Comment

Working...
      X