Huge Power S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Power S2

I have a question that I wouldn't mind a long answer to.

I was speaking to someone - Barry - at the weekend, who has been through every car you can imagine and I think gets bored very quickly - he loves audis though - and he said he loves the 5 cylinder engine - what would the max power you could get from an S2 and how would you go about it - he wants a fun car, that is different, with >600bhp!
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Well anything is possible providing you've got enough money to spend on it

600 BHP would be very nice
    S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

If you ever meet Barry (used to be RS4_Barry or RS6_Barry) then you will know that money is not an issue.
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
        If you ever meet Barry (used to be RS4_Barry or RS6_Barry) then you will know that money is not an issue.
        I'll help him spend it
        S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

I'm sure a trip here will ease the burden on his wallet

www.carclassic.com

an ex works rorhl s1 quattro will induce a grin if money is no object i can bet

still not managed to convince my wife that you CAN live in an S1 and hence we can sell the house to buy one.

Think about it:

Detached
          Central heating - those coolant and oil lines running through the car should keep you (too!?!?) warm
          Fitted kitchen - turbo or manifold good to cook over after a couple of short bursts
          great views over the surrounding countryside - as you pass it at 120mph......

David
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

David, I hereby curse you for all eternity for posting that link...my dream car for sale and the horrible realization that I'll never own one....

You are a bad man....:nana:
            Painfully said goodbye to my baby....

2001 A4
            Silver with black leather, Symphony, sport package, S4 bumper and wheels

Comment

There are in fact 2 Dahlbäck tuned S2's in Sweden that I think are 600 HP or 600+. I think one is 678HP IIRC. So not only is it possible, it has been done.

Rich

Comment

Here's the other Dahlback's S2 ?? http://biphome.spray.se/slime/
                That engine is still a 2.2l. Another way to go for crazy power and even crazier torque (and crazy money too) is to go for a 2.6l stroker engine.
                Last edited by JariP; 4 August 2003, 22:25.

Comment

Exactly right. That is the other S2! That one belongs to Emil aka "Slime". The first one is green and belongs to Mathias. I think they are the most potent 5-bangers around - that is until Mihnea makes my new 800HP chip

The only people doing stroker that I know of are muricans. Any Finns going that route? I am just waiting for Tommy A to do something like that.

Comment

Haven't heard of any Finnish stroker projects...

After all everything beyond ~450hp will need extensive maintenance and probably can blow up any time.
                    -

Comment

Actually there was a rumour a while back about some long stroke crankshaft seen in some Finn's garauge and something about of a search for a suitable 2.5l I5 diesel engine block... Wasn't one of Tommy A's projects though.

And what's so mysterious about going over 450 bhp, if it's done properly it can last as long as an engine with 350bhp or any other engine. Isn't it more about how it is done and how do you use it than how many bhp's it has?

Comment

quote:
                        And what's so mysterious about going over 450 bhp, if it's done properly it can last as long as an engine with 350bhp or any other engine. Isn't it more about how it is done and how do you use it than how many bhp's it has?

Absolutely, Right on brother!!
                        Mark - Modded

Comment

2.5 is the safest route to take for 'Big Five' power. 2.6 is on the edge, my old Orange Coupe quattro with 2.5 RS2 engine lived to see a new owner. This had 426PS @ 6,250 and 413.7 lbs/ft @ 4,135. This was running 1.5 bar boost, with overboost of .6 bar.

Comment

Siena? (Vagsport)

So the orange UR lived to see another owner

I think that's the one I chatted to you about down at All Audi, If so it had lots of body mods too?

Nice to see more Audi nuts joining this forum

Cheers
                            Steve.
                            91 Modded 3B
                            14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

So what happened to your S2? If you're who I think you are, you had Alex's 90 quattro 20V for some time, while yours was being worked on.

Comment

Working...
                              X