Door Seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Seal

Just had my passenger side one replaced, what a bitch of a job.

So fustrating trying to get it aligned correctly. Only problem now that the passenger side is fixed i can hear a bit of wind noise from drivers side :mad: better start saving for the drivers side

at £104 +VAT each they certainly aint cheap!
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Greg, being the tight fist that I am, I've come up with a novel way of eradicating the wind noise... I plain and simple turn up the volume on my stereo!

Comment

LOL did that for a little while but got a trickle of water down the window when it was washed. So needed replacing.

Amazing the difference tho so should really do the otherside soon too.
      Greg

Comment

Hey Greg i think you should get down to Maplins and design a little circuit board to make the windows go up and down a tad on opening and closing,sure that would be cheaper LOL
        Rob W
        04 Audi S4 Avant
        55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
        92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
        1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

Originally posted by Rob W
          Hey Greg i think you should get down to Maplins and design a little circuit board to make the windows go up and down a tad on opening and closing,sure that would be cheaper LOL
          Not a bad idea that, wonder if you could steal the PCB out a BMW or Audi window motor......
          Greg

Comment

I Think Merc's were the first to have the system,your saying its spread aye? I would guess it could workoff the same switch as the interior light,so it might be in the footwell of various motors next time im in a salvage yard I will have a butch
            Rob W
            04 Audi S4 Avant
            55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
            92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
            1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

TVR used the same trick on the Cerbera - but that was because their prototype kept blowing the windows out when it went over 160mph !!!!
              Jim

Comment

Peugeot Coupe's also use the same system. It's quite a neat little feature for cars without window glass frames...
                Boring Green ABY Coupe.

Comment

Working...
                X