Aux Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aux Radiator

Has anyone taken out their aux rad? and has it made any difference to cooling?

I will have in a week or so, ill keep you posted, cant see it making any difference.
    Lee's been running without one all summer with no ill effects.

Comment

the URquattros run without aux rad?

Comment

I haven't yet but I will after the remap - just want to see how it runs, with more power before I pull it out.

Lee - are you running with the standard main radiator? Is the aircon radiator in front of it?
        S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Dialynx do an alumininum main raditor which is slightly thicker than the OEM one which allows you to remove the aux too if you are worried about the effect of running on one...

David
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Habib,

if it does'nt piss down with rain this weekend I will be removing mine and mounting a larger oil cooler in its place that I bought yesterday. I'll let you know, but I doubt it will cause any problems especially with the bigger oil cooler that help shed heat too.

I'll let you know.

Mark.
            Mark - Modded

Comment

Habib - you're car is starting to scare me - it's going to be a real monster

Comment

I will be doing the same as mark before next trackday session next year. Big phat oil cooler. I dont need a mental sized IC for my setup (at the moment!)
                sigpic
                Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                Audi UR Quattro
                Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
                  Habib - you're car is starting to scare me - it's going to be a real monster

tHANKS FOR THE INFO guys.

Comment

Me? No aux rad = no problem in the UK even in 38 C summer that we had this year! I bypassed it as a bit of an experiment after my aux rad sprung a leak! I am taking air con out over Xmas to save some mass and clear a path to the radiator. My main rad is standard. I am replacing the Aux rad with a monster oil cooler after my recent track session. Oil temps at 140C were limiting me to 3 laps at a time at full chat! Will ditch the standard oil cooler and might also remotely mount 2 filers when I fit the big cooler and thermostat sandwich plate. I am not worried about increasing power too much at the moment as there are many systems on the S2 which are not up to the job and need sorting out first (unlike the cooling system!!).
                    1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                    Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Hope you didn't bypass it Lee as it is in parallel to the main radiator - you need to block it - or so I thought ??

Mine might come out this weekend now.

Comment

I've never run an auxillary rad in any of my S2 conversions, even my S2 engined type 85 Coupe q @ 426PS. No unfavourable effect on cooling, temp. settles @ about 90 degrees C, about 98 on a very hot day stationary. I wouldn't spend all that money on a Dialynx rad (£300 +). The type 85 Coupe quattro metal rad is more than enough for the job, and it's a VAG part!

Siena

Comment

So do you block it or bypass it ? I am now looking to remove the aux rad. In my 90Q, I inserted a pipe and bypassed it. No ill effects.

Comment

I bypassed mine without problems for 6 months. Will soon be fitting blanking caps though as it should be done.
                            1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                            Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Hmmmm. If it works in your latitudes, it must work in mine.

Richard

Comment

Working...
                              X