Auxillary guages - lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auxillary guages - lights

I have read the excellent step-by-step guide to removing the central console on the S2 Central website. I need to do this to access the guages in order to replace the light bulbs (one has gone on the far right hand guage - battery volts). Has anyone done this and if so is it relatively straightforward? Do I have to solder the bulbs or do they simply slot in.

At the same time, the silver backing on the far left hand dial - oil temp, is starting to peel. Has anyone attempted to remove the glass front and what is the best product to use to glue it down. Id rather avoid spending £50 on a new guage.

Thanks
    J

It's straight forward. Just remember to unplug the diff lock switch and lighter before pullin the rear console too much.

Bulbs are slot type 1,2w glass base.

I don't give you a great forecast with the oil temp. Prepare yourself for a new one.

Btw it's still a gauge. What's with you all and this word?!
    -

Comment

It's a straightfoward enough job, I've taken the centre console off twice now - once to replace the gauge bulbs (while you've got it off, do all 3 at once as Sod's Law states that if you don't, another bulb will blow a week after you've screwed it all back together again!), and once when I did the short shift mod. It's possible to do it without taking apart the handbrake sleeve.

The bulbs slot in -I think they're in a twist-type attachment that is a little stiff to undo. Take care.

Just make sure not to snag any wires etc when you put it back together - it's a 45min job.

If you've got a peeling face on the gauge, replace it. You might find a 2nd hand one around this place somewhere? Worth investigating!
      Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

cheers lads.

ive got the three bulbs on order to replace all.
        J

Comment

Working...
        X