Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Coupe tweeter

Asked by Si (Hpmuirt) in this thread >>> here

The tweeter is secured in the trim by a 'screw on' retaining ring on the underside.
    It's on very tight, so you'll need a large pair of adjustable pliers or failing that a blunt tool, ie a large flat head screwdriver placed on one of the tangs and shocking it into turning.
    Once the ring is off the tweeter just lifts out from the top.

If you want to just replace the magnectic part (driver?) this can be done without removing the tweeter from the trim.
    Get a sharp tool and start to "carefully" lift the grille up on the top, work you way round until the grille lifts off. Three screws removed underneath will see the centre drop out from below.

The hole diameter is 64mm. If you wanted to open the hole up to fit a larger tweeter, maximum diameter would be roughly 75mm-80mm.

2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

I take it you had that write up elsewhere, and haven't just "knocked that up" in the last ten minutes?!

Nice work as usual Jas.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
      I take it you had that write up elsewhere, and haven't just "knocked that up" in the last ten minutes?!

Nice work as usual Jas.
      Knocked up in the last 20 minutes Steve.
      I have an excuse, the trims are still lying about next to me before I go and stash em in the loft.

I changed them last week for these instead;

Why? Cos of these little babies

2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Nice write up Jas *Groan* can we ban all pics of rear opening windows on the Coupe? you'll only set 4wheeldrifter off to post "THAT" pic

Comment

Well I could join in and post up my one's as well

Nice write up jas, be interesting to find a nice set to replace them, i'm in the process of sourcing some for the front as i'm fed up with how much noise is deadened by the front speaker grille's.
          Last edited by Acidburn; 2 October 2008, 14:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
            Well I could join in and post up my one's as well :chit.
            And Mine!

Someone has fitted aftermarket tweeters and speakers in the rears and they do sound good - no idea what they are but I seemed to remember them being decent quality. The tweeters are squarish but dont look too bad.

Includes this fella behind the rear door card which Ive never really investigated either

Paul
            Last edited by Paulgo; 2 October 2008, 14:30.
            Trick Pearl White 1992 3B S2 Coupe. Porsche 996 monoblock stopping power! HID Seeing power! Mmmmm Miltek!!!
            Trick Indigo Pearl B5 S4 Recaros, Bose , Mmmm Miltek!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Fair play Jas, that is some fast work there!

I did wonder about those opening rear quarter windows!

Yeah, as Jamo says, don't start Stu off AGAIN!

Cheers,

Steve.
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Perosnally dont see the big deal with the opening rear quaters, had them on all the Capri's i had and they allways used to fold shut at speed lol so never bothered opening them in the end!

Jas, nice write up though, yet more things for me to note for the future
                Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Paulgo View Post

Includes this fella behind the rear door card which Ive never really investigated either

Paul
                  Was that earthed to the rear seat catch post too
                  Ah Jimmy, full of surprises eh mate

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                  you'll only set 4wheeldrifter off to post "THAT" pic
                  Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post

Yeah, as Jamo says, don't start Stu off AGAIN!

Cheers,

Steve.
                  Stu's been forwarned already...............or was that forearmed?
                  2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Originally posted by Jas11n View Post
                    Was that earthed to the rear seat catch post too Ah Jimmy, full of surprises eh mate
                    To bleedin' true!! That custom earth loop takes some beating tho!! thank God he didnt set about anything else with his electrical skills!
                    Trick Pearl White 1992 3B S2 Coupe. Porsche 996 monoblock stopping power! HID Seeing power! Mmmmm Miltek!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paulgo View Post

Paul
                      Nice pic Paul, I just hope the Jam-Fatt-philes don't (you know who you are !) tell you that you should've opted for a fourth order network crossover rather than that nice one you've got there
                      Last edited by ericd; 2 October 2008, 19:38.

Comment

That crossover is older than Madonna

Comment

Lol Its actually still available according to Pioneer
                          sigpic

Comment

@Paulgo - so does that 13cm unit fit right into the Coupe rear trim without any hassle? Trying to understand if that four eared speaker format is best for ease of replacement.
                            Paul Nugent
                            Webmaster http://S2central.net
                            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Far as Im aware mate I'll take some pics as Im curious to have a proper look myself now. Im not an audiophile, never bothered going the full amp /subwoofer ("fourth order network crossover" Eric) route but I like things to sound reasonably good! Ive left this installation as it is as the sound to me is pretty ok! Because of the crossover the 13cm speakers give a nice bass tone to complement the 10cm 3 way pioneers up front so I roll the fade towards the rear slightly for that reason.

This is what my tweeters look like, not the best of pics!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X