Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Audi. RS2 from Norway

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum
    I've just (well, october) bought my first Audi, and it had to be an RS2. It's been my dream car since i was a teenager, but never thought I would be able to afford one. Long story short, this RS2 is something we call a chassie swap here i Norway. It means, it's a complete rolling RS2-chassie from Switzerland, and complete drivetrain from a Norwegian crashed RS2. Legally swapped, the chassi from Switzerland does not have to pay first time registration fee, horsepower fee and lots of other small but expensive details. A nice way to legally import a car without breaking the bank.

The RS2 had a new and very well executed paint job, but was'nt really put together afterwards. That's when I bought it, and I am putting it slowly together now. It's a bit of a challenge when I've only rebuild Volvos before... Learning by doing.

So far as I can see I'm missing the trim on top of the doors and around the rear side window, lower door trim (crappy state, won't bother paint them) and RS2 headlight trim.
    Besides that it needs some new brakepands, and it's not boosting properly (yet).

My plans are some kind of "meaty stance", low with meaty tires, front lip and cup intakes istead of those lights in the front bumper. And some sort of low bucket seat for the driver, as I'm way to tall for my dream car The sunroof scrubs my head when the seat are in it's lowest position. Huge dissapointment.

The Norwegian drivetrain har done 142 000km's, and the chassi has done 165 000km's.

I'll post the few pics I have so far, and some of my previous Volvo just for bragging

With OZ Futuras

The Volvo was a huge learning process for me. Build my own engine, Porsche GT3-seats, lot's of custom bits. BBS E26 wheels as well.

Two pics of the RS2... It has the nogaro blue interior with carbon trim BTW.
    On the way home on temperary plates, full of extra parts and bits from the donor RS2.

Sold the Cup 2's right away and got hold of a set og Twist's
    [URL=http://s181.photobucket.com/user/andersarg/media/Audi%20RS2/20141020_215127_zpszgur67c6.jpg.html]

I'm having some trouble with the warning lights that hopefully some of you can help me with, just need to make a video showing the problem
    Cheers!

Really like the lovlov ��
    Look forward to the updates . Is it front or rear brake pads you need ?
    Gav
    S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Thanks Gav! I need fronts. It has the small reds. I'm thinking of buying pads on a bugdet, mostly because there is some guy close by who has a set of Big Reds laying around I intend to buy later.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
        I too was a big fan of the RS2 as a teenager, hence why I purchased mine.
        How tall are you? My Father owned one back in the and had no issues fitting in the car. Hes 6/4, 98Kg.
        1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
        1995 Audi RS2

Comment

Nice Volvo! Was that a 5 cylinder one? Or even a 2JZ???

Comment

I've got a thing for old Vulva estates'.......your's looks great.

Comment

The Volvo looked nice, anything like this on the RS2 or more 'mature' style?

Comment

Welcome to the RSh2 club I'm a new owner although mine ish driveable.

Originally posted by Golfboy666GTI View Post
                Welcome to the forum.
                My Father owned one back in the and had no issues fitting in the car. Hes 6/4, 98Kg.
                Me too, have no problemsh fitting in mine.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everyone!
                  The Volvo has an 2.3L 8valve 4cyl, nothing fancy. But still, here in Norway there is a huge Volvo community and loads of skill. 900nm from an 8valve redblock has been done, on pump gas...
                  The one in my old 940 was putting down approx 300hp at the flywheel. Easily pulled MK5 R32's and even an BMW E90 335.

The plan for the looks of the RS2 is a little more mild. I'm thinking some kind of meaty stance, maybe even go down to 17" wheels with something around 245/40/17". H&R or KW coilovers and get all the missing trim + cup intakes for the front bumper.

I'm 6.4ft/195cm, 95kg. I think the sunroof is the dealbreaker here...

Comment

Is there a chance that the seat isn't going as low as it could?

Comment

I'm not sure, but I will check it out next time I'm in the workshop. I haven't taken much photos yet as most of the work I've done is mounting everything back together.
                      I have a problem with the SRS/airbag fault code lamp in the cluster, it is not lit when the key is in the second position. BUT, I have a separate bulb hanging out of the red taped loom for the airbag system. But it doesn't fit where the airbag bulb sits in the cluster. Is there any difference on the loom and instrument cluster between the different years of production? The cluster is from the Norwegian car (made october 94) and the wiring (and rest of the car) is from july 94.

Comment

we always had Volvo in our family.. My father used to own Volvo 264 Gle Saloon 2.7 fuel injection now sold & 740 Gle 2.3 estate which we still own bought brand new in 1989 very comfortable & built like tanks, but love my ur Quattro & rs2 more
                        '05 A6 3.0 S-LINE TDI- AKOYA SILVER SOLD
                        '98 S4 B5 MRC- MINGE BLUE SOLD
                        '85 URQ RS2 SPEC- TORNADO RED
                        '95 RS2- RS BLUE

Comment

You got lovely Volvo & rs2 & welcome
                          '05 A6 3.0 S-LINE TDI- AKOYA SILVER SOLD
                          '98 S4 B5 MRC- MINGE BLUE SOLD
                          '85 URQ RS2 SPEC- TORNADO RED
                          '95 RS2- RS BLUE

Comment

Really badass looking Volvo! But not bad looking RS2 either.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                            Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                            BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                            BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Welcome to the forum Anders, a lot of help and assistance on here is just a few clicks away, so much experience. I too had the love of RS2 when younger....a lot younger,,,

I love the colour too, Volcano Black by the looks?

Not had time really or weather to get many good shots of mine, but spent over 2 days with clay bar and some fanc polish and prepping while the rain stayed away but had to come back to work...

1998 A6 Q (Suzie)
                              2 x B4 80's both 1993 (Heather & Hazel)
                              1995 A4 1.6 (Heather II)
                              1999 A6 Avant 2.4 (Bollie)
                              2001 S6 Avant 4.2 (Rio)
                              1995 80 Cabrio 2.6 (Gracie)
                              2013 Q7 Flooded & gone
                              1995 RS2 2.2 Flooded & gone

Comment

Working...
                              X