S2 Avant rear subframe bushes - Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Avant rear subframe bushes - Ideas

Have taken the plunge and ripped the whole rear end apart, tank down to underseal and replace all bushes etc, and the fuel filter while I'm there!

Powerflex and Super flex don't seem to offer rear subframe bushes for B4 Quattro - I don't want alloy. Anyone else been there done that and found anything?

Cheers
    Last edited by Trist28; 16 December 2015, 23:33.

Your choices are limited, solid or oem ( which are a pain to fit) or 034 motorsport b5 rear subframe bushes , but personally I wouldn't give 034 my money
    Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Damn I was hoping someone had found a supplier for poly bushes. Must be loads of B5s with wrecked bushes - must be nearly viable to start making them. Looks like ill have to go OEM - really don't want alloy as expect it transfers lots of road rumble.

Comment

Just spoke to superflex - Am sending them a spare subframe I have and they are going to get some made - result! Just need a **** load of cardboard to wrap it up

Comment

Nice. They are huge compared to the front, I was just wondering was that a limiting factor on poly diameter.
          I am sure they would be lots of buyers if that got a set made.
          Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Told him 4 inches diam roughly and he said fine, done some ford ones same size if not bigger.

Only issue is 2 months.

Keep to forum so superflex don't get wind and stiff him - apparently they copied some of his other bushes after he got them made up.

I need some alloy ones now so I can move the bloody car! Burned the bushes out of mine and don't want to post that for fear of damage - spare has knackered bushes in. See the dilemma!!

Comment

Hmmm if you get some made can you see if there are more poly ones available? I will take mine off again to put them on lol

Comment

He will be getting a load made I'm sure - Ill keep you posted. Just follow this thread

Comment

And really - you would take it all off again and remove new OEM stock bushes?? How did you manage to get the new ones in afterwards?

Comment

Originally posted by Trist28 View Post
                    Just spoke to superflex - Am sending them a spare subframe I have and they are going to get some made - result!

Well done that man!

i'm sure there will be plenty of people after those.
                    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                    96 URS6 plus speck estate
                    94 2.6 80 Avant
                    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Good effort mate, guess this is what you tried to call me about yesterday morning, sorry I didn't answer but as a rule I can't take calls at work without risking infuriating my father even further.

I'll definitely be up for a set when they become available.

Will catch up with you in person over the weekend.
                      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Look what arrived today!!

Took a bit longer but I have a set.

IMPORTANT : Please dont contact superflex. They want me to test fit and get the car tracked up etc and report back before going into full production. They have no sets for sale.

The hardness of the samples are 88 shore A, Ive been asked to assess how they feel and if too much road noise vibration is apparent it is possible to try; 80, 70, or even 60 shore A.

The full kit will include 8 half bushes, 4 stainless tubes and 4 large stainless washers.

The retail price of a kit will be around £180 + vat.

I will report back once the car is back together

Once production is started I will see if I can organise a group buy of some kind
                        Attached Files

Comment

Is there something new information about these bushes when production starts? I really interested of these.

Comment

Powerflex make them for the Coupè. The subframes use the same size bushings i guess. Correct me if im wrong.

Comment

You are Wrong. Coupe rear subframe and the bushes is totally different vs. sedan and avant. Front subrame and the bushes is same for all these models.

Comment

Working...
                              X