Transformation of pleasant family car to politically incorrect monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transformation of pleasant family car to politically incorrect monster

Well, as parts are on order, I might just as well start a thread about my UrS4 (I know, I know, this is S2 forum )

I have been wanting to do a rebuild for my engine 6months after I got my car, now 18 months after I got it I'm finally ordering parts for it. Plan is to transform a largish family car to decidedly politically incorrect monster. In order to achive this I'm going change rods, all bottom bearings, install single-mass flywheel with uprated clutch, get chargecooling sorted and so on. So what's on menu?
    • Garrett 3071R/K26 hybrid, .86ar
    • Catcams camshafts
    • Scat rods
    • "lightweight" hydraulic lifters
    • ARP studs for bottom and top
    • Wagner Exhaust manifold
    • PWR 5"x6" Chargecooler with all needed bits
    • Some head work because of the cams
    • Steel single-mass flywheel
    • Spec stage 3+ clutch

Car already has some modifications to it, namely bosch 044 fuel pump, Siemens deka 006 injectors and of course VEMS. At the same time I will change timing belt and other basic maintenance will be performed.

We shall see what mayhem ensues from this
    All quattro products have been dermatologically tested, and are safe for daily use.

Interesting project you have indeed

You have already VEMS running with the K24?
    I am also looking forward to you experiences with the Steel single-mass flywheel and
    Spec stage 3+ clutch from 034

Comment

Yeah, I have VEMS running the stock turbo+manifold+intercooling, in that flaming smiley in my signature is link to pictures and dyno results
      All quattro products have been dermatologically tested, and are safe for daily use.

Comment

nice car, but it could do with some lowering springs

Comment

Was that dyno done in the year 2000 with VEMS????????

Comment

nope, those dyno figures are from January 2008. First figure shows aprox flywheel power, second figure with afr and boost show power on wheels

The car has been lowered after those pictures were taken, it just hasn't been "presentable" after that workout

Comment

very nice specs,good choice of the 82 AR.
              why are you choosing a single mass flywheel?If you are planning to use the car for more than just track or race,then the doublemass will be more subtle and less vibration will come into the car.+more durable

Comment

Well, primary reason is cost, the clutch package will have sprung clutch disk, so I should be able to use it on street as well. Flywheel and clutch package are in fact ment for 3b s2, but are "bolt-on" for AAN+01E.

If I had bronze balls, I'd go for delrin motor and tranny mounts with unsprung flywheel and (sinter)clutch. But alas, I don't and am going for 034 streetdensity mounts and sprung clutch disk.

Comment

Did you hook the VEMS your self or did you drive to Teppo's place?
                  Now quattro less, my urs4 stolen 13.8

Comment

I drove to Teppo's place for the install, slept the night and headed to sporttiauto in morning

Comment

First part to arrive was Wagner exh. manifold:

Comment

Decicions decicions, I might be able to buy a new Wagner intake manifold for 600€ (new as in unused). Should I go for it or not...

[edit]
                        Decided to go for it
                        [/edit]
                        Last edited by gedu; 6 April 2008, 20:01.

Comment

Cams arrived last week, 2,5 weeks after ordering. Was prepared for 5-6 weeks wait for them.

Last edited by gedu; 23 April 2008, 16:47.

Comment

Better pictures of EM

Comment

Brake pads

Got new Brake Pads last week:

Why is it saying S*AT on one box?

Now waiting for new brake disks, Black Diamond Combi on order. Wanted only grooved, but for some reason those are really hard to find

Comment

Working...
                              X