Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's latest with Clarkson/BBC/TopGear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's latest with Clarkson/BBC/TopGear?

Any updates? I don't really like him but I like watching the show for the new car track tests, the Star-in-reasonably-priced-car and *some* of their challenges.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

From what I can tell the BBC have started their 'meetings' with him and thats as far as I know with him. I have also read items which indicate Hammond and May have been offered to continue on without Clarkson for the rest of the series but have declined.

I guess its stilla watch this space unless anyone else has heard anything otherwise???

I have also seen several indications of people wanting Steve Coogan to take over from Clarkson and even mentionings of Guy Martin too however i dont think these will materialise into anything.

Comment

They need to do something before 28th March when his contract runs out.

Comment

Top Gear is dead without Clarkson.
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Chris Harris would be a dead cert to take over but an Alan Partridge guest spot would be interesting too.

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            Exactly.

Case in point the Hammond/May combo is never as good as Clarkson/Hammond or Clarkson/May
            Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

http://youtu.be/48h-q-FEBSw

Clarksons waiter interview .

Comment

And on that bombshell...........goodnight!!

Comment

A report is due next week: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31970469

The findings will probably be that he punched someone. How or why they have dragged it out for so long I don't know. Maybe they'll actually sack him this time?!

Comment

Interesting that Clarkson reported it and the other guy did not, the show will move to dave or sky ( although with adverts )

They can keep the name but it won't be the same and the BBC know it, the whole reason it's popular is that people are waiting for an incident like this to happen during the show!

Comment

Might as well give the show to Piers Morgan as it would be unpopular anyway

Comment

This.

I know the people that do many of the special effects for Top Gear and apparently he's just as much of an opinionated oaf in real life, but that's what makes the show!
                        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                          This.

I know the people that do many of the special effects for Top Gear and apparently he's just as much of an opinionated oaf in real life, but that's what makes the show!
                          I love the show and Clarkson in the show as he definitely makes it,after all it makes good television.Never thought he would behave like that in real life,now we can perhaps understand just a bit why the elite Tory Bullingdon club loving prime minister is such a good friend of Clarkson. Maybe David Cameron is just as much an opinionated oaf in reel life too.
                          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                          96 URS6 plus speck estate
                          94 2.6 80 Avant
                          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

My favorite bit is the petition for Julian Clarey to replace Clarkson! I would watch that.

Comment

it's all a set-up, Clackson wants to bail out before it's shown that the 918 is faster than the P1

Comment

Working...
                              X