Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S2 Avant with RS2 upgrades & Dialynx rebuild.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Avant with RS2 upgrades & Dialynx rebuild.

The story of the car before i bought it from Tim Lester, for £9000, please read first picture as Tim gave me a Pen picture of the car. I have owned the car since 19th Feb 2011. The car was a CAT D back in 1999, I bought the car on an incredible low mileage of 31,758. I bought the car off a freind and the first picture below is an account of how he got the car and what he did to it.

As you can see Tim has spent alot of money and time getting the car how he wanted it;
    All parts were purchased from QST which was Quattro sport back in the day; I have all the receipts with everything detailed of all the upgrades all RS2 parts in Tims list and on the receipts. Ransbrooke of nottingham who did the body repair bill was £2961 alone !!!. Dynalix engine rebuild and remap and parts including and MOT lol was 6,624.06. Finally I have the receipt for the Autolight inspection dated June 1999.
    list of other RS2 Parts fitted;
    Intercooler
    bonnet and grill
    front bumper & lights
    Rear bumper
    Wing mirrors
    front panel
    Slam Panel
    Airflow meter
    Subframe
    Oil cooler & pipes & brackets
    RS2 rear and front brakes.

Since I have bought the car i have had in serviced every year at the a trusted garage who services my TVR chimeara every year so I trust him, and plus other bits and bobs done on it. Unfortuntely I hit a bad pot hole with forced me to have the near side suspension rebulit for safety reasons; The car was freshly serviced when I collected it plus other parts replaced like Airflow meter.

May 2011 full nearside suspension rebuild and tyres £1752.32 Willow sports cars newark mileage 34675
    Nov 2011, annual service, Willow sports cars newark mileage 39762
    Dec 2011 rear hand break stripped and cleaned new shoes fitted and retaining spring, good will as car just serviced. mileage 39875
    Nov 2012 annual service Willowsports newark
    Nov 2012 rebuild lower suspension offside as gaiter had split.
    Dec 2103 annual service 60551
    May 2014 Cambelt, waterpump, cam cover, aux water pump front & rear disks & Pads changed, all calipers removed stripped and cleaned. mileage 64401.
    Bonnet & rear bumper respray as stone chips and scratches were annoying me finally was last year agsin all receipted.

I am living in Surrey now due to my job and the car is situated here always garaged. Since its last service and MOT it has covered 5,500 miles and only 1,000 since cambelt work was done in May 2014. I have taken the car out for speradick drives out to keep everthing ticking over as it were and always waiting until the engine gets upto running temp before I put my foot down, as this is always us TVR drivers have to do and it has become habit. I am just not using the car anynore and should be used and needs to go to a good home as I am only the 3rd owner and Tim the previous owner will need to know its being well looked after too. Finally after that marathon some piccs of the beasty. aside from a small ding on the drivers door which is hard to spot to bodywork flawless and no rust on wheel arches or tailgate. I will upload more piccs later this week. Ok as forum rules stipulate a price £6000. The car drives great all electrics work and no water ingress at all which these cars can suffer from, and is quicker than my TVR which also had a top end engine rebuild 3 years ago so I know the Audi is quick Please PM me, I have only advertised it on this forum for serious S2 people it just needs to be loved and go to a good owner.

Last edited by portzi; 24 March 2015, 23:03.

Sent you a pm
    3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

Cracking looking car, and excellent history, with checkable history/story. Probably one of the lowest mileage S2s left....
      I'm sure this won't hang about long

Comment

I remember this car.
        You'll need to put a price up ( apologies if I missed it )

Gav
        S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

WOW!! 64k is absolutely no mileage whatsoever!!! An absolute bargain at £6k GLWS and superb spec

Comment

Someone is going to get great car for relative bargain price. nice.

Comment

It's a wrap then.
              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

s2

pm also sent

Comment

Superb looking motor, defo someone will get a great deal when they buy her off you, love that colour too, would get a nice deep glossy shine too

1998 A6 Q (Suzie)
                  2 x B4 80's both 1993 (Heather & Hazel)
                  1995 A4 1.6 (Heather II)
                  1999 A6 Avant 2.4 (Bollie)
                  2001 S6 Avant 4.2 (Rio)
                  1995 80 Cabrio 2.6 (Gracie)
                  2013 Q7 Flooded & gone
                  1995 RS2 2.2 Flooded & gone

Comment

just to let you know if any of the above fall through, I have £6000 waiting here for you, can collect this weekend

Comment

Just checking my PM's thank you everyone for the interest. I will deal as a first come basis as only fair way to do it. and I need a signed promise that it will not be broken up as TIM the previous owner will not be happy as although I bought the car off him, and my name on the V5, I am just the custodian of it and so would be the next owner as Its all Tims creation with abit of help from Aelred of course .

Forgot to add, it comes with 2 new fobs + keys and CAT1 Thatcham approved Alarm.
                      Last edited by portzi; 25 March 2015, 18:54.

Comment

pm'd
                        NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

anyone had a response on this …. pm or other , just after a number so i can call

Comment

lol others have already pm'd why are you trying to jump the list?

Comment

not trying to jump the list but I'm serious and have 6k for that car IF i get the chance at it … think I'm 4th in the queue

Comment

Working...
                              X