Completely unrelated to the S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completely unrelated to the S2

Mum sadly passed away 2 weeks ago, after losing the battle with cancer. Her last several weeks were in Princess of Wales Hospital, Bridgend, where the staff in Her ward were just fantastic! (Not only to Mum, but also the family)
    Her funeral was yesterday in Cardiff, and a few of the nurses said that they would like to be there.
    You could have knocked me over with a feather when 8 of them turned up, in 2 cars!!!!!
    During Mum's last few days She told us what music/songs She wanted at the funeral, and also that She didn't want any sadness, and that She wanted us all wearing Welsh rugby shirts, as opposed to black ties- and just about everyone was wearing red, including the nurses!!

We hear too often about people knocking the NHS, but I just cannot fault them.

I know it's not the sort of conversation one would expect to read on this forum, but as I don't do Facebook- I felt I wanted to post it here.

Thanks for reading.

Tony.

That's lovely mate, my missus works in the NHS and they do an amazing job mostly. Sad for your loss but sounds like ya mum had a lovely send off, peace n stuff to yous mate

Comment

I genuinely have the greatest respect for these people- I work in the Retail business, and deal with customers on a daily basis, but believe me- I could learn a lot from them, regarding customer care.

Comment

My condolences to you!

Hope your mother will be sorrounded by her loveones and lots of amicable Welsh rugby players in the afterlife!

Comment

That's an inspiring lovely story Tony.My condolences to you and your family at this difficult time.I whole heatedly agree with you about the NHS and the level of care they are capable of as we as a family have experienced the same level of car and dedication your family received.
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Glad for you that such sad event 'worked out so well', as well as as such an event can.

The passage of time will be your friend.

Sharing / talking about it helps.

Kind regards.

Comment

Sad to hear about your mum Tony, sounds like the day went exactly as she wished.

Completely agree with you, the NHS do such a great job - they're the people that make this country Great. They often go far beyond their duties, i have nothing but respect and gratitude for the jobs these people do on a daily basis.

Glad you shared this.
              Mike
              1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Thanks for your kind replies, All.
                I'm sure that the fact that we were able to carry out Mum's wishes on the day really helped, and I think that the only sad time in the function room (after the funeral) was when we were thanking the Nurses who attended (3 of which had to leave relatively early, as they were on duty last night).

I hope that many people read this thread, and realise that these nurses Really are special people! As I said to one of them, a few days before we lost Mum- in reality, few people actually say Thank You any more. Let's face it- 'Good' news doesn't sell newspapers, eh?

Comment

Hi Tony very sorry for your loss and am pleased you found the NHS were good. I have not had many experiences of hospital staff but on the odd occasion when called upon they have done a terrific job and they all do one hell of a job pleased they did a great job with your mum and your family

Comment

Sad times but sounds like your mum made quite an impression on the staff that cared so well for her.

There are many good folk about who work really hard to make the life of so many people better. I also lost my mum to cancer just over a year ago. It was a huge comfort knowing that so many people cared for her so well in her last few weeks. As you know, the last few weeks are very tough but these people go beyond their reasonable duties to make sure that the patients and their family are well looked after. They are not mentioned enough, so it is completely just that we should acknowledge them when we can.

I hope the next few weeks/months treat you and your family well.

Comment

completely unrelated

Sorry to hear of your loss when will that aweful illness be beaten on a lighter note I expect in December 2015 to be given the all clear ,small consolation to you , .Derek

Comment

Originally posted by Cottis View Post
                        Sad times but sounds like your mum made quite an impression on the staff that cared so well for her.

There are many good folk about who work really hard to make the life of so many people better. I also lost my mum to cancer just over a year ago. It was a huge comfort knowing that so many people cared for her so well in her last few weeks. As you know, the last few weeks are very tough but these people go beyond their reasonable duties to make sure that the patients and their family are well looked after. They are not mentioned enough, so it is completely just that we should acknowledge them when we can.

I hope the next few weeks/months treat you and your family well.
                        As far as I was concerned, She was (just???) a normal Mum (although absolutely special to me). Aren't all Mum's the same??
                        It seems that She struck a chord with the nurses though.

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKCO View Post
                          Sorry to hear of your loss when will that aweful illness be beaten on a lighter note I expect in December 2015 to be given the all clear ,small consolation to you , .Derek
                          I'm sure I speak for everyone, when I wish you the Very Best for the future, Derek!
                          And if you receive anything like the tender, loving care (I make no apology for the one-liner, as I'm struggling to put into words just how fantastic these people are!!) that they gave us all, then I'm sure all will go well for you.

Comment

Working...
                          X