Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How AK Top Mounts + KW v1 coilovers install

Hi friends!
    Some month ago, I bought and install with my mecha friend on his workshop some KW v1 coilovers and a pair of AK Motorsport Top Mount.

My friend told me how that we must mount but I'm in doubt.

The top mounts are like those:

And here some pics

I think it's wrong I can heard some "clock" en the right side. And fronde the motorbay I can see a few of coilover inside teh TopMount.
    Maybe I leave the tread? but... how install the spring cover?

THANKS A LOT GUYS!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by M_GORDON; 9 May 2017, 15:48.
    photobucket SUCKS
    sigpic

Looks like you still have the bearing from the old OEM style mount on that strut...
    Peter S

1990 ErsatzS2 - track toy
    1991 Coupe Quattro
    1991 Coupe Quattro
    1995 S6 Sedan
    1995 S6 Wagon

Comment

indeed Mr. is right, no need for that bearing
      sigpic

Comment

Yes. Your KW end where the purple plastic is. Is the bearing stuck on your coilover?
        1967 fiat 500 future project
        1976 audi 100 coupe S
        1989 vw corrado 16V
        1989 audi 90 quattro 20V sport
        1994 audi RS2 project
        1994 audi RS2 parts car
        1995 audi RS2 project

Comment

Originally posted by blux View Post
          Yes. Your KW end where the purple plastic is. Is the bearing stuck on your coilover?
          Looks like the stock spacer nut is used to hold the bearing in place. I'd love to see a picture of the AK Motorsports fastener that holds the topmount to the strut.
          "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Originally posted by A1QSHIP View Post
            Looks like the stock spacer nut is used to hold the bearing in place. I'd love to see a picture of the AK Motorsports fastener that holds the topmount to the strut.
            Picture stolen from rxl

Originally posted by rxl View Post

Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by A1QSHIP View Post
              yes...
              And w/o the nut or the bearing or the tread; I don't know how hold the purple top from the KW; and assemble the Top Mounts
              photobucket SUCKS
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M_GORDON View Post
                yes...
                And w/o the nut or the bearing or the tread; I don't know how hold the purple top from the KW; and assemble the Top Mounts
                Spring compressor ? or possible you could line it up and use a Jax to compress it into place.... it you have the adjuster backed off it should not be difficult
                RS 2 580HP

Comment

I believe the process is:
                  dis-assemble the top mount, separate top and bottom pieces, compress spring, put lower half of mount (with the spherical bearing) onto the strut, install the strut nut, decompress spring, install strut assembly with lower mount into wheel well, put the upper mount onto of the strut tower and fasten to the strut assembly/lower mount and tighten the 6 M6 bolts per AK Motorsports web page: " Notice: The top six M6 screws should be tightened using Locktite 243 at 10 Nm."

https://www.akmotorsport.net/shop/al...h-12mm-offset/
                  Peter S

1990 ErsatzS2 - track toy
                  1991 Coupe Quattro
                  1991 Coupe Quattro
                  1995 S6 Sedan
                  1995 S6 Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PeterS View Post
                    I believe the process is:
                    dis-assemble the top mount, separate top and bottom pieces, compress spring, put lower half of mount (with the spherical bearing) onto the strut, install the strut nut, decompress spring, install strut assembly with lower mount into wheel well, put the upper mount onto of the strut tower and fasten to the strut assembly/lower mount and tighten the 6 M6 bolts per AK Motorsports web page: " Notice: The top six M6 screws should be tightened using Locktite 243 at 10 Nm."

https://www.akmotorsport.net/shop/al...h-12mm-offset/
                    I think it's true correct method! THANKS A LOT!!

PS. other opinion or the real true process?
                    On AK Motorsport they didn't say me anything
                    photobucket SUCKS
                    sigpic

Comment

M_GORDON > please let me know if you need any help with TM.
                      AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
                        M_GORDON > please let me know if you need any help with TM.
                        Hi Albert
                        Some month ago I ask U and (I think why extrajob) you only send me a link to the page where I can buy them; but where we can't see how install properly.

Thanks if you can write the method to install them.

chears!
                        photobucket SUCKS
                        sigpic

Comment

Its maybe me because I am a technician but the steps are very easy. If it seams complicated please visit a mechanic workshop to do the job

1. take out your struts and OEM top mounts
                          2. put the washer on the top of the struts
                          3. but the bigger top mount part on the top of the struts
                          4. slide it through the metal slot. pic

5. Use two tools to thigh-en the shock to the top mount. The top screw should be the yellow screw provided in the set (here is silver on the pic). Use 85 Nm.

6. put top part of the top mounts and the top six M6 screws should be tightened using Locktite 243 at 10 Nm.

7. you are done

Last edited by Albert; 18 May 2017, 07:47.
                          AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

one addition. You remove the nut form the KW and put the washer in the same place, on top bearing with top mount and on top screw. Pics bellow

Last edited by Albert; 24 May 2017, 14:09.

Comment

HI!
                              Yesterday I went to the workshop to disassemble everything and assemble as you indicated.
                              And yes, it's very easy and looks perfectly. I don't know what my mechanic would be thinking about that day.

The problem is that I don't find the washer that was embedded in the bearing. Is very important?
                              Sure my mechanic lost it.
                              photobucket SUCKS
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X