Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jersey's Project AAN swap into Audi 90

Here we go...

I am starting with a 1995 Audi 90 Quattro 2.8L V6. I will be swapping an AAN from a 1996 UR S6. In order to do the swap i need engine mount brackets from a B3 80/90/coupe. The v6 mounts are one piece and able to be removed from the frame. the project officially started in August 2008 with the removal of the engine. Prior to that i had bought 2bennett coilovers and an A4 sport steering wheel. Nothing to crazy just getting everything ready for the swap.

Here is a list of the parts so far:
    -AAN motor w/ MTM stg 1 ECU-
    -80/90/coupe passenger/driver side engine mount brackets-
    -2Bennett Coilovers-
    -A4 Sport Steering wheel-
    -H&R 21mm Rear sway bar-
    -034 control arm bushings-
    -034 motorsport spec motor mounts-
    -034 poly rear diff mount-
    -RS2 intake manifold-
    -RS2 Grill-
    -Audi coupe side mount radiator-

i will update the list as new parts arrive
    Pete
    Audi 90 Quattro (typ B4)
    AAN swap in progress

Here are some pics:

this pic is a couple months after i bought the 90. to that point all i did was clear corner the headlights, yellow laminx the fog lights, and a thule roof rack. the pic also shows the dented doors due to a nice hit and run.

the engine that tool 5 gallons of gas and 1 quart of oil everytime

next up is the "new" engine

and here are the mount brackets to make the whole thing work
    passenger
    driver
    Pete
    Audi 90 Quattro (typ B4)
    AAN swap in progress

Comment

then came the A4 sport steering wheel (the a/f gauge was a test fit for a future boost gauge)

then got the coilovers

had fun getting dirty and installing them in the summer heat

how she was sittin with the new wheels before i took it apart

just picked this up a few weeks ago courtsey of my boy Errol

and next up when i get a camera ill have some pics of the engine bay with the mounts welded and almost ready for the engine to be put in
      Pete
      Audi 90 Quattro (typ B4)
      AAN swap in progress

Comment

Welcome. Nice to see a 5 cilinder go into that engine bay. Way better then the V6
        Didi that A4 steering wheel fit straight away?
        RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
        RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
        Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
        High Octane website

Comment

weren't you able to find a nicer car to put that engine in?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer View Post
            Welcome. Nice to see a 5 cilinder go into that engine bay. Way better then the V6
            Didi that A4 steering wheel fit straight away?
            yea the A4 wheel was a direct fit.. its from an early A4

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
            weren't you able to find a nicer car to put that engine in?
            yea i found a few others but i wanted to do something different. before this i had 2 gti's and i was done with the 2-door fix and wanted a sedan and also to have more of a sleeper car.
            this car was nicer but not as fun as the 90
            Pete
            Audi 90 Quattro (typ B4)
            AAN swap in progress

Comment

mooore, I need mooooooreee
              (the two towers version) HAHAHAHAHA
              photobucket SUCKS
              sigpic

Comment

Looks like a nice project will be interesting to see how it turns out

Comment

well here is a little update.. the motor mount brackets are welded in, the motor was test fit so these brackets are spot on. i must say that it looked amazing with the test fit. next up is the wiring harness, put in the engine do the plumbing and thn rip it around.. more updates to follow....

Pete
                  Audi 90 Quattro (typ B4)
                  AAN swap in progress

Comment

Good work Jersey... you must have done your homework on those engine mount positions if the dry fit has been successful.

I'd never realised how ugly the bumpers/fenders on the US B4 platform were before - man they fell out of the ugly tree and hit ever branch on the way down.

Good luck getting this puppy running and if you need help with wiring schtuff then just holler here or send me a PM. This usually slows a lot of people down unless they have some electrical knowledge.
                    Paul Nugent
                    Webmaster http://S2central.net
                    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                      Good work Jersey... you must have done your homework on those engine mount positions if the dry fit has been successful.

I'd never realised how ugly the bumpers/fenders on the US B4 platform were before - man they fell out of the ugly tree and hit ever branch on the way down.

Good luck getting this puppy running and if you need help with wiring schtuff then just holler here or send me a PM. This usually slows a lot of people down unless they have some electrical knowledge.
                      thanks yes i did my homework you know what they say measure once cut twice. but all the credit for that goes to quattrohous for welding up the brackets. there rally specialits and they know their ish

the US bumpers are the suck.. but i got a one piece rear bumper from a b3 90 waiting to go on and will be getting an OEM RS2 bumper for the front. im not or have never been a fan of my two piece bumpers, they dont look agressive or look stylish.

as far as wiring quattrohaus will be taking care of that so im not to worried. hopefully i will be able to get it out into a snowstorm this year
                      Pete
                      Audi 90 Quattro (typ B4)
                      AAN swap in progress

Comment

How's the project going????
                        Audi Nut!!!

Comment

its going pretty good the motor is in, i will have pics soon. all that is left is to wire it up and get it running.
                          Pete
                          Audi 90 Quattro (typ B4)
                          AAN swap in progress

Comment

Pete, looking forward

to the photos, good photos and good work so far btw.

Am keen to see a white S2 saloon/sedan.

Kind regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey90TQ View Post
                              thanks yes i did my homework you know what they say measure once cut twice.
                              I'm sure you meant to say "measure twice and cut once".

Comment

Working...
                              X