Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to get an RS2 front ARB

hi,

i have kinda decided to go with the RS2 front Whiteline Rear ARB combo initially on my car,

obviously the whiteline is available from their website, but is used the only place to find a RS2 front ?

cheers in advance

You could try audi tradition. £300 + postage
    http://trshop.audi.de/konakart/Selec...ZER&model=0001
    Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

cheers,

is there an "upgrade" or after market bar for the s2 that is equivalent to the rs2 arb?

Comment

I have this current setup and think the RS2 FARB is not really required if you don't mind the car being more rear biased. The RS2 FARB makes it a bit more neutral if with a little tendency to understeer.

For a stock or mapped S2, standard front is fine but I prefer the RS2 FARB with RS2 spec power levels
        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

As above, what I'd do Jase is pick up an s2 bar for cheap as its bigger than the cq 10v or 20v one anyway so will be a slight improvement, it's the rear bar that's going to make the most difference. And stiffening up the front will just make the car more understeer prone. If you want to stiffen the front up properly you should knock some coilovers together.
          1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

i will bare it in mind.

I am intending to fit something like KW v3, I so far have - solid subframe mounts, track hardness wishbone bushes, solid top mounts, poly gearbox mounts. I also don't know if the vr6 will make a positive or negative impact on the handling. I am hoping it will be an improvement as its shorter than the I5 (but possibly heavier).

the car will be used 95% as a track car,

Comment

On a Coupe I'd use the S2 bar with bigger rear and leave it at that, the RS2 bar has more of an effect on the handling on the Avants. Thats what I found between the two body types.

I did like the less roll however on the Coupe

Comment

yep definitely reduces the roll on a coupe, especially if you are tracking it but as Jamo says, they are better with a bigger rear ARB...
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

so,

should i try a OEM S2 front and whiteline rear?

Comment

Yes that would be the best combo to start with, the car will be more snappy that way, adding the rs2 bar with the whiteline does make the car very neutral as it does induce more front understeer by itself but the whiteline cancels that, where as rear with s2 front gives a little oversteer if pushed

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                      Yes that would be the best combo to start with, the car will be more snappy that way, adding the rs2 bar with the whiteline does make the car very neutral as it does induce more front understeer by itself but the whiteline cancels that, where as rear with s2 front gives a little oversteer if pushed

thats how id like it to be honest! Cheers,

need to find an S2 breaking as i still need driveshafts and a prop.

Comment

As it's a B3, have you upgraded to B4 struts with the longer drop links, rather than the B3 stubby drop link setup?

From experience, I'd recommend S2 26mm front and then B4 24mm front on the back or 25mm (as I have) on the back if you want it more aggressive.

Ideally, you'd stiffen the rear with springs (coilovers only) and then run a whiteline adjustable but if you don't have coilovers, then that adds to the budget somewhat.

Good things with stock bars is that they're cheap and readily available.

If you do have the B3 style bar, then you could do as Error404 did and run that on the back

There's a sticky thread with all the details on the FARB on the rear for a coupe
                        Cheers'en, AndyC
                        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

B5 or B6/B7 FARB doesnt fit?

Comment

Working...
                          X