Wow, these S2s are strong!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, these S2s are strong!

Since returning from Belgium my s2 has been sat in the garage for... Wait for it - almost 3 years. That is 3 years, not moving, sat, slowly rotting away. Every couple of months I start feeling really guilty, but circumstance has not allowed me to play.

Then disaster - a coach took my toureg out on my way to work (bustard did not stop - I did not get the number, he was too far away by the time I thought about it)

So I wondered - whilst the toureg is out being fixed... Would the S2 start?

4 flat tyres, no power in the battery.

Borrowed a battery from the local garage, pumped up the tyres, quick check of the fluids.... Then

Wow - started on first turn of the key.

To the garage, straight through the MOT and back on the road in the afternoon!!

This car is fantastic.... I promise not to treat it so poorly in the future!

Ok, there are a few problems... But still a 23 year old car, left for 3 years - very impressed.

audi rules
    audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
    TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
    AEM W/M injection

Comment

Our older Audis rule, but the newer ones are peace of crap in my opinion

Comment

Restarting a 3B/AAN/ABY/ADU that has been sitting for an extended period

I am happy that that many years of neglect was rewarded with an engine start. HOWEVER....

*IF* you had asked here first, I would have suggested a protocol in which you provide some lubrication to your neglected engine by first disabling the fuel pump and the fuel injectors, then provide a period of cranking to distribute oil to the bearings, etc. before enabling the fuel pump and injectors again, as I posted here:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/287614.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Good to hear another S2 back on the road...
          1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Good result but I would have a quick check of the timing belt to make sure its ok from standing for as long

Comment

You expected it not to start?

My first car (Audi coupe GT 1985) sat 4 years waiting for me to get my drivers license (I was 14 when I bought it, not that it took 4 years to get my license ) and it started right away the first time

Comment

My ABY hibernated for 3 years also and started first time although most of the eletrics took a wile longer, especialy the turn signals that took almost an hpur to wake up and start working, I did nothing just waited.....probably some moisture on the contacts and till today and apart from some mechanical maintenance it only burned a lincense plate lamp and the outer temperature display lamp!

GREAT CARS!

Comment

If I compare with my wife's 05 golf that was left for 2 weeks then wouldn't start it really shines!

It's back off the road for a bit now - some serious vibration when I hit uneven road.. Something not right. I've dropped it off at my local garage and will search this forum later.

Toureg back.. But I'm not putting the s2 back to sleep this time.

Comment

Originally posted by ujimaflip View Post
                    If I compare with my wife's 05 golf that was left for 2 weeks then wouldn't start it really shines!

It's back off the road for a bit now - some serious vibration when I hit uneven road.. Something not right. I've dropped it off at my local garage and will search this forum later.

Toureg back.. But I'm not putting the s2 back to sleep this time.
                    Hope it's nothing serious? These cars are not for keeping in garages resting up for years they are made to be driven and to have fun in!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ujimaflip View Post
                      Maybe a stuck shock absorber due to it not being used for years?

Comment

vibration may couse the tires.3 years flat on same place=they are dead.

Comment

New tyres, but still vibrations

I no longer have vibrations on nice smooth roads.. However when I hit and uneven road I'm getting pretty strong vibrations through the wheel (seems to continue for a short while after hitting the bump). My local garage took a look and suggested everything looks pretty solid. Any ideas?

Perhaps I should post something in the tech forum.

Comment

Sounds like a dead shock, it's lost it's damping and the tyre bounces up and down after hitting a bump?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

I'd second the shock failure.
                              You re getting rebound as the shock won't stop the spring enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X