Has anyone converted to Aero wipers?-urS4/S6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone converted to Aero wipers?-urS4/S6

As above really? Looking for options to convert the S4 wipers and wiper arms to the newer style Aero wipers. I've seen the info regarding the S2 conversion but can't find anything about the S4/S6.
    '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Sure there is a thread on here have a search

Comment

I did: arms from Vw Lupo, wipers from TT mk1.
      Maybe viceversa, my memory is not like Motronics, mine is self deleting after a while.
      sigpic

Comment

are you planning this as your current wipers are rubbish? this is the case with mine but upon investigation it turns out that the wiper linkage is worn and therefore isn't applying enough pressure against the windscreen wipers. don't waste your money on fancy blades if this is the case!

new linkage on it's way . .

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

Gene, my UrS6 driver's side wiper was lifting at relatively low speeds and not wiping the windscreen correctly.

I read on here or Quattroworld that what I needed to take the wiper arm off the spindle and bend the short rigid part of the wiper arm in a vice until it was perfectly straight again. Use a metal ruler or piece of wood. Over the years it curves and loses it correct angle against the windscreen.

I wasn't sure of this, but tried it anyway, and it works great. The wiper now works as good as the passenger side.

While I do like Aeros, and have them on my S2, and naturally my Touran, to date the old fashioned arms with fresh blades work great on the UrS6. Just sayin..............

YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by geneandbolly View Post

new linkage on it's way . .

If you do decide to fit a new linkage, take it apart and copper grease it. Remember to watch for the small rubber ring seals and the thin shimming washers when doing it.

Comment

I'm also looking to see how to fit aero wiper blades and arms on to my urs6. My old arms and previous owners
              autozone wiper blades are crap and look like shyt. The aero kit's look great. For me it makes a big difference
              in visiblty and appearance. Any help guys?

Comment

thanks for that information but the bushes on the driver side are knackered and there's a lot of play as a result, so i reckon that replacement is the only way forward for it.

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

Working...
                X