Poly ARB bushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poly ARB bushes

... Ok guys... how the hell do you fit the poly anti roll bar bushes? The hole in the bush is round and the ends of the arb's are not.... Is it a case of grease it up and give it a good whack??? (Wow, the amount of times I have greased it up and given it a good whack... but im getting side tracked now)

Thanks....

Dont the bushes have a split on them and you just open them up over the arb.

Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Not that ive noticed Eric but if there isnt one I will make one... They are Powerflex ones, the same as the one in your picture. Im sure a stanley knife will sort the issue out for me.

Comment

I just had a look at my set for the avant, and they dont have the split. So I think I am wrong.
        You just slide them over the ends over the arb., I just did it just now. Mine were 26mm.
        Eric

Comment

They definitely used to have a split in them.
          did you get the right size Chris?
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I thought that for the coupe, but wasnt sure, and when my "new" ones (bought 4 years ago) didnt have the split I had doubts.

Even though the ends of the arb are flat, they ends are not wider than the arb itself.
            Eric

Comment

Mine had a greased up slit for sure. Didn't have to whack it though, just spread the slit wide n rammed it home.

Comment

Originally posted by martinws View Post
                just spread the slit wide n rammed it home.
                Poor old girl
                Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Hope he doesn't treat his women like his car!
                  sigpic
                  1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                  1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                  1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

I hope I got the right ones but I'm not sure then. I measured the bar and ordered the ones I thought were the right size... It's an rs2 arb I have

Comment

You need 28mm ones then, you sure that's what you got mate?
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Umm I will need to check when i get home later... I hope I got the right ones if not it looks like a journey back to the supplier and getting the correct ones...

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                          You need 28mm ones then, you sure that's what you got mate?
                          I think thats the front one bud isnt it? I think the rear ones are 16mm? The Powerflex website only lists up to 16mm anyway... I already had a set a friend got me as a gift that dont fit which are the ones ive been trying. I think they are a 15mm though....

Comment

mine on the front for the rs2 arb did have a slit in them. Not sure I'm that convinced they make much difference if i'm honest
                            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Ah OK we're talking about a rear bar bush!
                              Can't comment then not familiar with the avant I'm afraid
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X