Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C4 Front Shock Protective bellows replacement. Tips???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C4 Front Shock Protective bellows replacement. Tips???

After any tips or tricks when changing over the rubber protective bellows on the front shocks. I have swapped out a few shocks in the past using the 2069a tool ( home made version) and have no issue with that.
    This is the first time I can be bothered to make sure the protective bellows are in place ( they are in fact brand new).

The order I think will work is:
    1. Attach some cord to the threaded section of the shock and drop into the leg keeping the cord up on top.
    2. Clamp the bellows on the bottom cap and the top plate OFF THE CAR, and then drop the lot down over the shock, bump stop , top hat, cord etc.
    3. Pull the shock up remove cord then tighten all the nuts
    4. Jack the car to full droop then try and push the lower cap over the shock locking cap.

Is this feasible or is a lot dependant on how big your hands are?
    I am just a bit sceptical about getting the bellows attached to the top plate as my fingers aren’t that small and there is not a lot of room when trying to assemble on the car.

School boy error the bellows mount to the spring top platform not the strut top cap. So skinny fingers it is unless any one else knows a trick?

Comment

Working...
    X