Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PID settings for dynamic boost control

Link ECU, otherwise stock RS2

Not sure if there is any equivalent in VEMS or motronic but if so can anyone shed some light on what works best for the RS2? Does motronic use 3 stage boost control? Gear dependent N75 duty cycles?

Screen shot below shows the PID setup page on the Link interface. These are recommended 'starter' settings and are considered very soft.

If you want some context, here is a link to the Link ECU closed loop boost control setup guide:
    http://www.linkecu.com/dealers-only-...%20Control.pdf

Thanks in advance

Vems has similar setup. Start with what you have and then play with more agressive gain or p.

Comment

with link ive always used an external boost controller.

no reason the link shouldn't work. controllers are easy to achieve what you require though in general.

Comment

Didn't link have a base WGDC map? I think it did. Been a bit since I last played with one.

Turn the PID off first and run fixed DC.
        Set the fixed DC so it runs well with it.

After that's done, disable I and D, set P so that the boost softly oscillates around the target through the revrange.
        Now add I until the oscillation mostly goes away.
        Finally, do some spoolup runs, and note the overshoot. Add D until the overshoot mostly goes away.

The boost pid is about the LAST thing to tune. For all the general timing, fueling etc tuning use fixed DC and vary it to hit different load cells. Only after that all is done tune the boost PID.

Good luck.
        http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
          Didn't link have a base WGDC map? I think it did. Been a bit since I last played with one.

Thanks guys. Yes link does have a WGDC map.

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post

Turn the PID off first and run fixed DC.
            Set the fixed DC so it runs well with it.

After that's done, disable I and D, set P so that the boost softly oscillates around the target through the revrange.
            Now add I until the oscillation mostly goes away.
            Finally, do some spoolup runs, and note the overshoot. Add D until the overshoot mostly goes away.

The boost pid is about the LAST thing to tune. For all the general timing, fueling etc tuning use fixed DC and vary it to hit different load cells. Only after that all is done tune the boost PID.

Good luck.
            Shortest, clearest and best advice for tuning boost I have seen so far.
            '96 UrS6 auto PRJ chipped E85
            '95 80Q AEB VEMS E85

Comment

This Dmitri's explanation was very helpfull when trying to undertand Vems boost control. I think Vems FAQ is very confusing. Lots and lots of details and words, but in the end no real life description of how to make the settings. Go it sorted out with these instructions. But I was quite suprised of how simpple it was to set the PID with 4-port MAC valve. Ended up with settings 2-0-0 and have perfectly stable 2bar boost with no overshoot.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
              Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
              BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
              BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Working...
              X