Hope you enjoyed the A4 Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope you enjoyed the A4 Kit

I think it's a really smooth drive, so easy.
    RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
    RS2 - LHD on the road again
    RS2 - reduced to component parts
    RS2 Saloon replica
    A4 1.8T
    BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
    sigpic

It's a fantastic car mate, really smooth to drive with just enough power to make hills effortless and best of all no unwanted gadgets beeping at you etc!!! I'm ever so grateful for you letting me borrow it while I repair my somewhat bent S2, hopefully you'll let me buy it as it's perfect for my daily requirements.

Thanks again mate, vastly appreciated!

I still feel a bit sick about giving my S2 a bloody good battering but at least it can be repaired unlike your poor old RS2, such a pity but at least we're both okay.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Feel free to post a couple of pic's of my Coupe up on this thread if you can be bothered mate.

I'd still rather not think about it so I'm am going to hold of starting the official reincarnation thread for a few days.

Comment

Yeah it's just an effortless car to drive, it's quite striking, the gears go in so easily, you feel as if you don't have the power to get you up a steep hill and yet it just does with ease, strange, it's a great car. I actually took it to VRS to see if he could remap it but apparently it wasn't possible on that particular model. He said he could put a bleed valve in but that wasn't his style and isn't a responsible way of gaining boost... I'll put some pictures up of your car when they've uploaded to photoshop under it's own thread so everyone can know it's YOU!!! Ha ha haaa......
        RS2 Saloon replica
        A4 1.8T
        sigpic

Comment

I take it your a4 is the 180bhp model/drive by wire one? they can be remapped but tbh not worth it, they go well as stock.

@kit - is this another accident since the rear end stuff or something else?

Comment

MRC and VRS told me it couldn't be done!
            RS2 Saloon replica
            A4 1.8T
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cardcrash View Post
              MRC and VRS told me it couldn't be done!
              Quick google

http://www.amdtuning.com/audi/a4/b5-...ge1-remaps-331

Not connected with amd just googled remapping the 180bhp.

Comment

Thanks I'd check it out but I think the car has enough power and it looks like it's going to be donated to Kit anyway.
                RS2 Saloon replica
                A4 1.8T
                sigpic

Comment

ok so what happened to kit?

Comment

You will find out soon, I'm having problems with Photobucket, it's useless.
                    RS2 Saloon replica
                    A4 1.8T
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                      I still feel a bit sick about giving my S2 a bloody good battering but at least it can be repaired ......
                      Sorry to hear this Kit, but you sound pretty upbeat. No-doubt you'll take the repair in your stride.
                      Regards,
                      John.

Comment

Oh no not you as well Kit

As John has already said above you sound upbeat about it all, the main thing is that you are OK everything else can be fixed unless you've done a Charlie on it?

It must be something in the water down there

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy 3169 View Post
                          It must be something in the water down there

It was fresh rain on a dry road that caused me to crash, the corner I lost it on was like ice, didn't even get the briefest of chance to correct the car. **** end whipped around, next this I know I've bounced off a hedge and the car is in middle of the road on fire from oil pouring out of snapped cooler hoses. Fortunately I had a extinguisher with just enough powder in it to put out the flames otherwise it would have been gone.

I'm not involving insurance as it would be most certainly be written off, body isn't too bad just a wing/bonnet/bumper plus a headlight. The doors haven't moved, still open and close the same as before, the seats move backwards/forwards etc. But the front running gear is bent all to 5h1t, I removed it all yesterday to check for damage to the chassis which looks to be okay.

I guess most importantly I'm alright other than a few bumps and bruises and really sore shoulders from briefly fighting it.

Comment

Sounds like you had a lucky escape Kit

2 lessons learnt from you and Charlie.

1) Wear your seatbelt
                            2) Carry a fire extinguisher

3 Lets hope there isn't a number 3

One more thing for all forum users, Never except a lift of these 2

Only joking, main thing is you are both here to fight another day

John

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                              It was fresh rain on a dry road that caused me to crash, the corner I lost it on was like ice, didn't even get the briefest of chance to correct the car. **** end whipped around, next this I know I've bounced off a hedge and the car is in middle of the road on fire from oil pouring out of snapped cooler hoses. Fortunately I had a extinguisher with just enough powder in it to put out the flames otherwise it would have been gone.

I'm not involving insurance as it would be most certainly be written off, body isn't too bad just a wing/bonnet/bumper plus a headlight. The doors haven't moved, still open and close the same as before, the seats move backwards/forwards etc. But the front running gear is bent all to 5h1t, I removed it all yesterday to check for damage to the chassis which looks to be okay.

I guess most importantly I'm alright other than a few bumps and bruises and really sore shoulders from briefly fighting it.
                              Jees - always scarey if any shunt involves fire - however small !
                              Glad to hear you are physically ok... let me know if you need any OE running gear for a repair job.

Cheers,

Paul
                              Paul Nugent
                              Webmaster http://S2central.net
                              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                              X