Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split Samco

Found my water leak...

Hose has been on and off more times than I care to mention, but surprised how bad this was.

Hose clips are ones with a raised edge to try and avoid cuts by the clip edge.

Anyway, just enough length to cut off and re-attach, bit disappointed with the quality of the Samcos to be honest, when comparing like for like with Roose... just sayin'...

All back now and watertight once again.
    Attached Files
    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
    Hose has been on and off more times than I care to mention, but surprised how bad this was.

... bit disappointed with the quality of the Samcos to be honest, when comparing like for like with Roose... just sayin'...
    I think you gave the answer: "Hose has been on and off more times than I care to mention" My guess is at least one of those times the hose was stuck to the water manifold (or whatever) and you pulled or twisted too hard while removing the hose instead of trying to first break the contact with a flat metal tool between the hose and the metal fitting.

Those hoses weren't designed/constructed to handle that kind of abuse (tension). My second guess is a Roose hose for the same application would have failed in the same way.

Just sayin'...

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
      Those hoses weren't designed/constructed to handle that kind of abuse (tension). My second guess is a Roose hose for the same application would have failed in the same way.

Just sayin'...

I think you're probably right Dave, kind of why I lead with the on and off statement. Its not that it was stuck, I think its just that it had a clip tightened and loosened way too often...

Anyway, little weep at the clip was a bigger tear than I expected

I stand by the quality statement, but agree, neither would likely stand this type of abuse...

Happy days... 200 miles today and still watertight
      Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
      S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
      '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Working...
      X