Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concert II CD Player - Anyone install & code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concert II CD Player - Anyone install & code?

I've got a Concert I tape deck from an A8 I think, have a nice bluetooth iphone controller for the headunit buttons. But I can only get 1 set of RCAs for an amp. Wanting to stay OEM (retro) and without digging into the circuits of the I, it's my understanding the CD player has the option of both front & back RCAs. Anyone made this mod??

http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/radios.html
    1990 Coupe Quattro, Full RS2 Conversion

http://www.europeancarweb.com/featur...rs2/index.html

2008 S4 Avant, Sprint Blue

Can you re-phrase the question? I don't get it. I'm running both front and rear speakers on external amps on the I, guess the end transistor got blown at some point since the normal front speaker pins are dead.
    So it has that possibility if that's what you meant.

Comment

Well you could just use line level outs I guess (with the right amp). My setup has the fronts powered by the head unit, but then an RCA harness plug for the rears instead of the line that went to the powered OEM speakers. So I was hoping to swap the newer II and get both front & rear RCA output, BUT the II requires OBD2, vag-com coding to setup right. It's all moot now, pulled the trigger on an RNS-E MK2, so I've now got that major project ahead of me. And if it goes to ****, I'll just update my B7 instead.
      1990 Coupe Quattro, Full RS2 Conversion

http://www.europeancarweb.com/featur...rs2/index.html

2008 S4 Avant, Sprint Blue

Comment

The Concert II is too wide to fit in the B4 single din pocket. Of Corse either the head unit or pocket trim could be modified.
        //-\\ ((_)) //)) //

Comment

Originally posted by ThatGUY View Post

The Concert II is too wide to fit in the B4 single din pocket. Of Corse either the head unit or pocket trim could be modified.
          Can't he use the centre console from a late B4 Cabriolet model ? If a Delta CC fits, so will a Concert II ?

This radio size issue has been covered on here before, the relevant thread will give all the details.

Comment

concert II can be fitted, i had it in my old cq.

now i have concert I in this car
            Attached Files
            sigpic

Comment

There's multiple versions of Concert CD. At least B6 Concert doesn't fit in place of B5 Chorus.
              5vtq gte

Comment

Originally posted by Val View Post
                There's multiple versions of Concert CD. At least B6 Concert doesn't fit in place of B5 Chorus.
                indeed. i was talking about the TT concert.
                A4 concert has a chrome on the top of the face plate, and much larger, wont fit
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X