Jsws3 UR Quattro money pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jsws3 UR Quattro money pit

Right then I think it's about time I kicked this build off with a quick rundown of the car .

1989 ur Quattro 10v mb

In 2004 it was converted to AAN 20v buy my friends brother and along the way it picked up all the 20v parts including 20v trim and front wish bones and a rs2 anti roll bar .

This car holds a special place in my heart as the guy I bought it off a old friends older brother learnt me to drive in the car .

And when it come up for sale I had to have it at any cost (oops spent the kitchen money try breaking that to a woman) hahaha.

And as soon as I got it my mind went into over drive what can I do to it to make it ultra fast and when a friend said join the s2forum you can't go wrong.

After a few weeks reading and researching a plan was hatched 500+ BP was needed or my life won't be complete .

So I made contact with Alread for a price on a engine rebuild for 500+ BP and he put a list together for me totalling about £9000 .

So I started to save as much as I could as fast as I could when acidburn begin to strip his ur down so a deal was done and I had his fully built engine with ported and polished head win win in my eyes .

So then I was talked into going 6 speed box curtesy of Andyg plym .

And acidburn introduced me to quattronutter who kindly agreed to fit the engine & gearbox conversion .

But before any Merchanical work is going to be done it needs painting full windows out under the bonnet job as I want the car on par with d Joans car MINT .

So picture time lol then ill gas some more later .

As it sat since 2008

Sitting on axel stands

Daylight after so many years under a sheet

On the truck to its new home .

First was

That's enof until I sort the pics out and upload them from 3 different camra devices to photo bucket .

looking good john

Comment

Looking awesome! where did you get the fancy hose from? it looks like its doing a good job!

Comment

This is just the start mate I've got loads of pics of goodies I've collected .

Comment

Very jealous of your ur Quattro.

But where did you get that fancy hose from!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jamie.melvin View Post
            Looking awesome! where did you get the fancy hose from? it looks like its doing a good job!
            It's a foam cannon from karcher all of £15 worth mate

Comment

Originally posted by jsws3 View Post
              It's a foam cannon from karcher all of £15 worth mate
              Fantastic! thought it might be mega deer! cant wait to see more pics of the UR!

Comment

john what time u in tomorrow and il pop over

Comment

About 3 Ish mate will be fine pal .

Comment

Originally posted by jsws3 View Post
                    About 3 Ish mate will be fine pal .
                    sound il ring ya before i pop over mate

Comment

Originally posted by nip View Post
                      sound il ring ya before i pop over mate
                      Cool

Comment

When I was buying the car my pal told me its a solid car but it needs a new back panel and he had one I could have with the car .

So the new one was put in buy jeff next door to quattronutters unit .

And on inspection of the car when he was stripping it there was some small holes behind the rear bumper .

And after quattronutter pulling the engine and gearbox out we found out that In order to fit a 20v rr air box you need to change the inner wing as its different to the mb .

So what did toms brother do cut it out and make his own with mk1 ford focus wheel liners .

The old engine

Comment

Another exciting project Good luck with it, I hope your wallet is prepared for the pain but it will be worth it
                          Angus

(1984 ur quattro)

Comment

Looking forward to this one!
                            www.quattro.ca
                            B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
                            B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

Well done John keep those pictures coming....

Comment

Working...
                              X