Automatic Climate Controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Climate Controls

So the heater matrix from my 1995 Cabriolet (RHD) was busted and I figured after one too many hot Australian summers it was time to sort it out. Seeing as it is a dash out job I thought I may as well have a go at the ever so difficult climate conversion.

So far I have these parts: the digital climate controls from an Audi 80 (8A0820043B); interior temperature sensor (4D0 820 541) as well as the blower, hose and sensor; sunlight sensor (8D0907539); outside air temperature sensor (8D0820535); and a replacement heater matrix. The guide provided tells me I still need the low pressure switch (F73), high pressure switches (F23 and F118), and heater fan control unit (J126). Can anyone point me in the direction of where to buy these or provide some part numbers?

I've read through the threads on the forum and had a look at the Audi S2 climate control guide provided, but I still have a few questions. Firstly, is there an alternative to using the heater box from an A4? I saw someone mentioned something about using the motors from the A4 on the B4 heater box. Is this any good? Because of the B4 controls can I use the heater box from a LHD B4?

In regards to the wiring, will I be able to use the connectors from a B5 A4 on the B4 controls? Does anybody know if the wiring for the V6 ABC engine will be the same as the S2?

I may have more questions as this develops so thanks for any help!
    Last edited by oranoc; 21 February 2017, 14:13.

As I read somewhere, RHD's didn't come with automatic climate control. But if RHD heater box have mounts for flap motors, then all you need is regular LHD box, from witch you can salvage flap motors, motor speed controller, air intake temp. sensor and wiring harness. Then you could just put on those on RHD box.

As for AC part, if you don't have already working manual AC on the car, you need all engine bay stuff - compressor engine mount, compressor itself, condenser, drier, hoses, fittings and those high and low pressure switches you mentioned. Also you need new heater box with evaporator inside. If your car have AC, then pressure switches should be already on your car.

I don't think you could use anything from B5. Maybe only the flap motors. Find a donor B4 to take needed parts off.

Wiring - use s2central's S2 diagram. Only differences on different motor should be ECU connection and compressor speed sensor (5cyl compressors doesn't have those). Be ready to do some wiring and soldering yourself as you'll have to integrate existing wiring with new climate control wiring harness.

Source: Done it on LHD car, that didn't have AC. Now I have working climate control with working AC.

Comment

Working...
    X