Front Wheel Bearings RS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Wheel Bearings RS2

Guys I've been permitted to login to Tradition, but even though I'm back on I cannot seem to find the front wheel bearings for the beast? I have this part number 893498625E anyone shed any light as to where best to acquire some please??

1998 A6 Q (Suzie)
    2 x B4 80's both 1993 (Heather & Hazel)
    1995 A4 1.6 (Heather II)
    1999 A6 Avant 2.4 (Bollie)
    2001 S6 Avant 4.2 (Rio)
    1995 80 Cabrio 2.6 (Gracie)
    2013 Q7 Flooded & gone
    1995 RS2 2.2 Flooded & gone

Originally posted by fourwh33ldriv3 View Post
    Guys I've been permitted to login to Tradition, but even though I'm back on I cannot seem to find the front wheel bearings for the beast? I have this part number 893498625E anyone shed any light as to where best to acquire some please??
    893498625E is the wheel bearing kit which means it contains the wheel bearing you need plus the bolts and nuts that should be replaced. The kit is for all B3 and B4 Audis including the cabriolet, not just the RS2. Should be a dealer stocked item, not an Audi Tradition source. Try Pete at quattro Corners too.

Here is one alternative UK source that you could check out.

http://www.volkspares.co.uk/view/whe...c53003728c1db9

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
      893498625E is the wheel bearing kit which means it contains the wheel bearing you need plus the bolts and nuts that should be replaced. The kit is for all B3 and B4 Audis including the cabriolet, not just the RS2. Should be a dealer stocked item, not an Audi Tradition source. Try Pete at quattro Corners too.

Here is one alternative UK source that you could check out.

http://www.volkspares.co.uk/view/whe...c53003728c1db9

Thanks for this my friend, we've been away on vacation into Europe for a couple weeks and now back to work, so been away from the intenet and of course the forum too. Only just got back onto the AT site too, and thought I'd just go straight to them for this. I will check with my buddy at local Audi dealer, or TPS local to me too, if no joy then will try your link

1998 A6 Q (Suzie)
      2 x B4 80's both 1993 (Heather & Hazel)
      1995 A4 1.6 (Heather II)
      1999 A6 Avant 2.4 (Bollie)
      2001 S6 Avant 4.2 (Rio)
      1995 80 Cabrio 2.6 (Gracie)
      2013 Q7 Flooded & gone
      1995 RS2 2.2 Flooded & gone

Comment

I bought on ebay for about 16 quid. From memory I think there 82mm x 37mm with inner of 43mm (maybe stepped on inside 43/45) used on the front of the s2

Comment

wheel bearings

hello mate the number you have is good,if you need any i can get you
          FAG oe quallity bearings for £30 each plus couple of quid postage.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauliusb2 View Post
            hello mate the number you have is good,if you need any i can get you
            FAG oe quallity bearings for £30 each plus couple of quid postage.
            I've used FAG bearings I got mine for VERY slightly less from ebay tho and free postage

Comment

Ebay is not guaranted quallity, i work for motorfactor and i get my fag bearings straight from fag direct so its 100% genuine fag bearing

Comment

Originally posted by Pauliusb2 View Post
                Ebay is not guaranted quallity, i work for motorfactor and i get my fag bearings straight from fag direct so its 100% genuine fag bearing
                If it comes in a FAG box has FAG on the bearing, its a FAG bearing in my eyes i know what you are saying but if its advertised as being a certain brand and they send a different brand then surely you complain / reject it.

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                  Um... that's generally good info, but that kit is definitely not the right one for *all* B3s, at least here in the USA. Depending on year, model, and engine (mostly the engine), they came with 68, 75, or 82mm bearings in the front. The rears (on quattros of course) are all 75mm OD but some have stepped inner races and others do not.
                  Be alert! America needs more lerts.
                  Eric Law
                  '90 80Q with AAN and Megasquirt
                  '97 Saab 9000 Aero: mostly stock but ECU tweaks to add fastness
                  '86 4KTQ: R.I.P.

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-Wheel...item4d33ef4d34

Comment

Originally posted by shaun5 View Post
                      If it comes in a FAG box has FAG on the bearing, its a FAG bearing in my eyes i know what you are saying but if its advertised as being a certain brand and they send a different brand then surely you complain / reject it.

Tons of counterfeits about, ebay is full of them.
                      We have had fake SKF bearings at work from their main distributor, they don't know whats in their supply chain half the time. I would expect half the items on ebay to be Chinese counterfeit.... so be careful.

For reference, some p/n from high quality OE manufacturers:

FAG - 713 6101 70
                      SKF - VKBA 1355
                      SNR - R157.08
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I have to correct you ERROR on part numbers

FAG 713 6100 50 FRONT RS2 WHEEL BEARING

SKF VKBA 1356

OE 893 498 625 E

SNR R157.11

Comment

Right you are! Sorry I was looking at the 75mm 8A0498625
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Comment

Audi a4 B6 Quattro fitted with the same bearings

Comment

Working...
                              X