Audi c4 AEL heating problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi c4 AEL heating problem

Hi. I have some problems with the heating in my AEL and the temperatures here are getting lower -10, -15 so i am frezing inside
    The fact is that when i switch to high temperature the flap motors seem to close the air through the vents and i dont know what can cause this. When switching to low temperature the air is coming throw the vents. Temperature regulating flap motor is working, maybe i will try to disconect the V70 and V85 flap motor connector and try to manually open the flpaps and see if i can get some heat coming.

Are you getting hot water pass the vacuum operated valve on inlet pipe in to heater metrix?
    I had no hot air and pipes had hot coolant in them
    Took pipes off and flushed it first with water
    Not much came out
    Then filled it with hot water and citric acid solution
    Lot of crap came out
    Done it 3 times with acid ,flushed and back flushed
    Then ran bicarbonate soda in water to kill any acid
    Heater is now tosting hot

Comment

Water gets past the heater valve but the problem is that i am not getting air through the vents. Something is blocking the air. If i switch on the low temperature i have air through.

Comment

Have you tried taking out the control panel facia and re-soldering the ribbon cable? They're well known for dry joints which give dodgy signals when you press the buttons.
        sigpic
        1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
        1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
        1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

If you are sure the inlet valve is not blocking the water flow (easy to verify, just disconnect the vacuum control hose), maybe one of the flap control arms is broken off (happened to me once, lost air to the windscreen).
          Last edited by Dynasty; 7 December 2016, 19:38.

Comment

Good Information in this thread so far.

I have no heat in my UrS6 also. I think my heater matrix is blocked.

Interested to hear about the Bicarbonate of Soda, used something similar on mine for a few weeks but it is still blocked.

Psyching myself up to take out the heater matrix over Christmas, dying to have a car with heat. This has happened with two of my other Audi B4 cars.

Back on topic.

Comment

Perhaps this might be of some help to find out what the issue might be:
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi twoqu,

Impressive - thanks for taking the time to share.

Comment

Don't forget that there are differences between RHD vs LHD but the principles are the same I guess.

Comment

do you have a cabin filter ? IS it clean ?
                    Audi S4 2.2T 5 spd 1992 for parts
                    AUDI A4 1.9TDI daily use

Audi 80 Quattro 2.0 16V (ACE) aka Competition

Comment

Working...
                    X